all posts post new thread

Training On Lentils

Some highlights of my the last weeks' training:
- doing hanging knee raises, half push ups, horizontal pull ups and bridges as my regular training
- hit 3 pull ups
- I started to pick up stones or logs along my hikes in the woods

I started to pick up stones or logs along my hikes in the woods
This one element made my wood hikes 200% better. Sometimes pick a log and go with them for a while, sometimes zercher, sometimes on back. Clean-press-throw stone a few times. Find a bigger one. Only deadlift it, maybe next time! Throw small logs forward, but pretending these are the real ones on Highland Games. Great time.

This one element made my wood hikes 200% better. Sometimes pick a log and go with them for a while, sometimes zercher, sometimes on back. Clean-press-throw stone a few times. Find a bigger one. Only deadlift it, maybe next time! Throw small logs forward, but pretending these are the real ones on Highland Games. Great time.
Exactly. Just walking around would be a pretty boring endeavour.

Last edited:
Yesterday, a drunken attempt for handstand push up didn't go quite well.
I went into headstand and tried to push myself up but the top of my head budged
maybe half centimeter or so. After like hundredth try I collapsed, huffing and puffing,
on the ground. For the next time, I plan to go directly into handstand and lower myself
by just a bit and see what happens. So yeah, it's gonna be a long way to Tipperary!

Last edited:
An update
All is well, including training. I am still locked up with push ups (half push ups),
pull ups (aussie pull ups), leg raises (hanging knee raises), squats (close squats)
and bridges (head bridges). Here and there, some outdoor odd object lifting
and, of course, KB presses are thrown in for a good measure.

A lot of things happened this summer: I moved to yet another country,
meaning new jobs for us, new school for a kid, etc. Training never stopped
or even changed since last update, I am still happily doing CC. It really is a
long term training approach and I am content with it.

I am about to invent a brand new exercise, "wheelbarrow clean". And I do not mean spit and polish them.
I practice it everyday at work and still have to find a convenient way how to weight them. Progressive resistance is
measured directly as number of shovels. Stay tuned.

I wish everyone on here happy, healthy, fruitful and strong 2023!

Hmm, I see that this log shall be part of subforum called "Almanac" or "Yearbook"...

I sincerely wish to everyone on here all the best in 2024!

After long hiatus, both training and logging, I am slowly starting over again. So let's log too.

- bw plank 2 mins
- press@32 5x4 (sets x reps) per arm
- tried bu press @32 and did one with both arms, right arm stronger

Have a good one, everyone.

Back
Top Bottom