all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Training Principles

• Thread starter Deleted member 5559
  • Start date
Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Hello,

Some pretty good advices here

So, as far as I am concerned, I should
- Have more rest days (currently almost never...)
- Vary more (maybe doing some kind of cross training)

Maybe it can shed some light on training methodology we use.

Kind regards,

Pet'

My first experience with StrongFirst was a SFG I cert in 2016. The prior 40 yrs. of my own training was based on getting smoked or go home. The gent that was coordinating the cert. mentioned the effectiveness of 2-5 sets of 2-5 reps with 2-5 minutes rest in between. Like crazy talk in a foreign language, but I started waving my training because of it, just to see. I like it. Better late than never.

Hello,

@Don Fairbanks
I admit I tend not to vary that much, or not to vary enough. I do not feel tired for the moment because I work from home due to the COVID but I know this would not be sustainable is normal times...

I do S&S (Timeless Simple) 3x a week, Red Zone 3x a week, almost daily rucking (most of the time more than 1/2 bdw) and trailing...

On the long haul, I plan to keep RZ and rucking only

What does your training look like now ?

Kind regards,

Pet'

Hello,

@Don Fairbanks
I admit I tend not to vary that much, or not to vary enough. I do not feel tired for the moment because I work from home due to the COVID but I know this would not be sustainable is normal times...

I do S&S (Timeless Simple) 3x a week, Red Zone 3x a week, almost daily rucking (most of the time more than 1/2 bdw) and trailing...

On the long haul, I plan to keep RZ and rucking only

What does your training look like now ?

Kind regards,

Pet'
@pet' ,, Too much variety in my training to type and I have never followed any book by the book. Something every day,and I choose from KB's, BW, or jogging. I did the 1 mile with a 16 yesterday because @mprevost kicked it off and it sounded fun. @WxHerk brought up the SSST recently, so I'm thinking about 200+ on that and If I hit it I'll move on to something else. Knee is bugging me so today was mobility and smash plus tactical ( noticable pause at top and bottom ) pull ups on a 2" pipe that is a few inches taller than I am, 9-8-7-7-6 on the 3:00. Tomorrow, I don't know yet.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom