all posts post new thread

Barbell Training Program...

• Thread starter Deleted member 6651
  • Start date
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
No I haven't because everyone I know that is successful at gym said they are a complete waste of money as anything you need you can get online and that most of them don't have a clue what they are talking about as you can do a 3 week gym course and become a 'coach'. Whats a coach know after 3 weeks?

Unfortunately, I don't know Franco Columbo or someone of that level of success that I can trust I am paying for valuable instruction.
Well... a couple of things here...

There are coaches and then there are coaches...

Some people can indeed figure things out just fine without a coach, others not so much...

No I haven't because everyone I know that is successful at gym said they are a complete waste of money as anything you need you can get online and that most of them don't have a clue what they are talking about as you can do a 3 week gym course and become a 'coach'. Whats a coach know after 3 weeks?

Unfortunately, I don't know Franco Columbo or someone of that level of success that I can trust I am paying for valuable instruction.
Everyone at the gym was wrong. There are plenty of good coaches out there.

-S-

Hiring a coach has been the best money I've ever spent. Good coaches help you conserve your most valuable resource: time.

It can still take while to fine tune things, but you spend much less time 'tuning' and more time training.

...you can do a 3 week gym course and become a 'coach'. Whats a coach know after 3 weeks?
'

Short Term Personal Training Certifications'

Yes, there are some short term course that will allow someone to obtain a Personal Training Certification.

However, the organization with the short term courses that certify someone as a Personal Training are not usually recognized by Reputable Health Clubs or Gym.

Obtaining a Personal Training Certification from a Reputable Organization is difficult. Some of the Personal Training Certification from organization like the National Strength and Condition Association (NSCA) and the American College of Sports Medicine (ASCM) require a College Degree just to take the test.

The NSCA and ACSM are at the top of the list the Personal Training Certification, when it come to being Reputable. Fewer individual are certified with these two organization because they are harder to obtain.

There are other more popular certification with other Personal Training Organization. That due to the fact that they are less demanding. In other word, easier to pass.

Your Novice Status'

Your novice status mean that you don't know enough to know who is providing you with good information and who isn't, as you eluded to in your post.

That means that "everyone I know that is successful at (the) gym" may or may not know what they are talking about; great athletes traditionally make poor coaches.

Take Homes Message

Categorizing all Personal Trainer as "Waste of money" is a "Snap Shot" perspective. It doesn't provide you with "Whole Picture".

Steve and The Nail

As they have stated, there are some good coaches that can help you, providing you take the time to find them.

Kenny Croxdale

Your questions are getting answered by some qualified coaches here. Just because someone is “successful in the gym” doesn’t mean they know what they’re talking about, they might just know what works for them or simply have good genetics. What qualifies as successful? Muscles?
How many days does a StrongFirst cert run? Pretty sure they know what they’re doing.

Last edited:
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom