all posts post new thread

Bodyweight Training shedule alongside judo?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

johannes hedman

First Post
Hey, this is my first post to this forum, so Im sorry if I make some mistakes

Now, why I wrote this thread:

I want to increase my training shedule so I can get in better shape.
Right now im practising judo 2 times per week, and it is not enough for me to get stronger.

I want to do strengh training at home, and I need advice how to incorperate this into my shedule.

Current shedule:

Mon judo
Tue
Wed
Thu judo
Fri
Sat
Sun

Please give me advice, I am just a begginer to this, and I have trouble to understand where my rest days should be.

Thanks!

Right now im practising judo 2 times per week, and it is not enough for me to get stronger.

I want to do strengh training at home, and I need advice how to incorperate this into my shedule.

Current shedule:

Mon judo
Tue
Wed
Thu judo
Fri
Sat
Sun

Please give me advice, I am just a begginer to this, and I have trouble to understand where my rest days should be.

Thanks!

Search Kozushi on this forum. He is a big Judo guy. Often mentions how to fit his workouts and his Judo goals together.

Current shedule:

Mon judo
Tue
Wed
Thu judo
Fri
Sat
Sun

Thanks!
@Kozushi

If you are serious about your Judo, attached is a PDF of a challenging circuit given to me from Coach George Weers. If followed, I'd start off with working it in once a week. Depending on how challenging your Judo sessions are, you might be able to work up to twice a week. You could probably substitute exercises based on ability and equipment. Even if you don't follow, it should give you a clue to what he demanded from his players.

Good Luck

Edit: Obviously don't do this on the same day as Judo. Try to space it out in the week away from Judo if you can.

Attachments

• Scan_20190101 (4).pdf
    314.1 KB · Views: 41
In my experience it's okay to do weights on the day before judo or even if you're athletic on the same day as judo before your judo training. Rest days are not a bad idea, so I recommend the days after judo as rest days. You are correct that you need supplementary strength training besides judo. Judo tires you out a lot more than weights do. Weight develop more strength but are a much more gentle exercise.

I recommend you lifts weights Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday. If you find Sunday is too much then just Wednesday and Saturday. Twice a week is enough considering you are doing judo twice a week also. You will get stronger.

The program I personally follow is called S&S. I think it is very good and it does help my judo endurance and strength a lot. However, you could choose instead a program that is only for strength as you are getting enough endurance training out of judo itself. The PTTP program is a good one as deadlifting is very helpful for judo. But, there are lots of good programs. You probably already have some in mind.

Since you want to train at home, would you also prefer a program that does not require weights/equipment?

Thanks for all the posts!

I have a good idea of how my workout should be, and my judo coach have recommended exercises and such, so that shouldnt be a problem.

Really friendly and helpful posts, and thanks for the advice about a shedule @Kozushi, scince that was the most difficult thing for me.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom