all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Training to become an elite soccer player

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Javi

First Post
Hi, I´m a 17-year old soccer player from Spain and I want to become elite.

I want to have the best possible fitness/form for soccer. I want to be bigger, really explosive, strong and have endurance to bear the 90-minute matches.

I don't know exactly where to start and I don't want to fall into overtraining.

I used to follow AthLeanX and started the program, but after reading the 4-Hour Body by Tim Ferriss I realized I was doing a bodybuilding program. And what I need is strength and explosiveness.

I'm currently following an Injury-prevention plan (Prehabilitation) I found reading the 4-Hour Body. What after that?

I know that you guys wouldn't be able to tell me exactly what to do but, do you have any suggestions as to what type of training should I do? What kind of blogs or books should I read? Note that I'm really skinny and weak. I want to become stronger, bigger and super explosive.

Thanks very much in advance

Easy Strength, by Dan John and Pavel Tsatsouline, is along the lines of what you're looking for. It's pretty cheap if you get it on Kindle, and it explains the relationship between sport and strength/conditioning really well.

Easy Strength, by Dan John and Pavel Tsatsouline, is along the lines of what you're looking for. It's pretty cheap if you get it on Kindle, and it explains the relationship between sport and strength/conditioning really well.
Thanks (Snow) man!
I've checked it and everythg seems nice. Going to purchase it now. Cheers

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom