all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Training When Freezing: Post Yours

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Single digits in the ol' garage today. Christmapocalypse is nearing. I still got hot and had to take off my big coat. Wool mittens went on in between sets, them and my toes were the only things to think they were getting cold.

Well… speaking from the perspective of a guy who has spent at lot of time doing ‘hard’ things in +40C all the way down to -40C and who once spent 3 months in the hospital from frostbite and the subsequent loss of 2 toes…

there is often times a very fine line between bada$$ and dumba$$

There are risks in anything we do. Understanding those risks, and really accepting the consequences are highly individual…

(I could post the pics… but they are probably a little too graphic for this site)
The BA DA t-shirt. And the whole film is excellent.

- we don't get anywhere near as cold as some of the posts above ...... 0 to 10C in winter, with the occasional snow or frost - exercise sessions done in a tin shed wearing long trousers and 2 shirts on torso. We catch all our rainwater in big concrete tanks and managed to keep up with the cold showers all through winter.

Yeah that wet cold can be brutal. One of the nice things about when winter really sets in up here is it stays pretty dry, doesn't feel half as cold as when its in the upper 20s/low 30s and humid.

And if I start sweating in the cold humidity, I start to smell like a wet dog.

Back
Top Bottom