all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Training while recovering from inflammation of the knee

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Petr Haiser

Level 1 Valued Member
I hope no one minds if I ask.
What exercise would you people recommend to a person who's recently had an inflammation of the knee? It was supposed to be inflammed only on the "outside" and it was caused most likely by (according to what I was told by the doctor) constant pressure on the left knee over a long period of time. After 2 weeks of complete rest and inactivity I now imagine myself doing something, but starting off slow and sure, leaving the knee proper conditions to heal fully. It hurts only a little now while doing squats, the same it used to before the "injury" occured. Though what still hurts quite a lot is kneeling and such. I am a 18 year-old, I have played soccer for 10 years (until turning 15), been playing with kettlebells for 3 years now, and at the same time I began training and later competing in Muay Thai, which means my physical preparation is a lot more intense. I hope I've listed everything important and sorry for my English. Thanks in advance, let's be strong together.

@Petr Haiser, welcome to StrongFirst.

It's best to ask your doctor or physical therapist what they think could try. A very popular program here is Kettlebell Simple & Sinister by Pavel. You might get that, and see if the swing agrees with you. The getup requires some kneeling and might therefore be a problem, but if you learn to do a kettlebell swing without bothering your knee, you will have accomplished a good thing for yourself.

-S-

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom