all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Training with sore muscles?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
One issue that may be related is my lack of ability to completely straighten my arms (either one) to the point that my forearm and upper arm are in line. Consequently, I think I have to use muscle strength to keep my arms straight during a get-up; maybe the tension in the upper arm affects the shoulders, which causes the soreness in the traps (the trap soreness is mainly in my left side, and my left arm is weaker, too--maybe there's a correlation). So complicated, this stuff.
You need to get this looked into. It's quite often a lack of t-spine mobility, and an FMS is a great way to approach it. As a general guideline, tackle mobility first.

-S-

@Smile-n-Nod : make sure your lats are properly activated, and that you have a good shoulder packing. What I learned from my SFG instructor is that you really need to feel the lats working (for me that, currently, is close to cramping of the muscle) in order to have a good activation. Also, consciously relax the traps, they should not tense.

Hello comrades, last week my cousin invited me to work out with him in the gym. I honestly went to use the kettlebells and experiment with the weight however he kept forcing me to do sets and sets of deadlifts with minimal rest in between. I still did my S&S training with a 50 lb kB.
I took one day off due to soreness then I went back to my training. However for the past few days my arms have been hurting every time I did the training. Should I take a break from S&S or should I keep at it and wait for it to eventually go away?

@Arash Mohammady, I would take a break of at least 3 days and up to two weeks from all vigorous training. Walk, swim, take a hot shower, go to the sauna, get a massage, stretch. Offhand I'd say most people will benefit from such a break at least a few times per year, but it's certainly worth doing now based on what you've said. Allow yourself to recover completely, then ease back into your training.

-S-

@Arash Mohammady, I would take a break of at least 3 days and up to two weeks from all vigorous training. Walk, swim, take a hot shower, go to the sauna, get a massage, stretch. Offhand I'd say most people will benefit from such a break at least a few times per year, but it's certainly worth doing now based on what you've said. Allow yourself to recover completely, then ease back into your training.

-S-
Thank you for the advice! The pain went away after another day of resting and I returned to training. However, if I ever feel that way again I’ll remember ur advice and take the rest I need from now on. Thanks again.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom