all posts post new thread

PlanStrong/BuiltStrong Transition mesocycle?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Jaurvind

Level 4 Valued Member
The builtstrong manual mentions a transition mesocycle after the competition meso but i cant find what it means. Anyone that can help me, i want to know what it should contain...?

/Johan

Hi, ok great me too but i think that is a preparatory mesocycle. Do you know what a transition mesocycle is?

It's usually referring to a de-load / training pivot where you do something totally different for a period of time to allow for active recovery of the body and mind, replenish energy stores.

Bike ride, swim, hike, etc -- something that is really a big change in routine and often not proscriptively programmed.

It's usually referring to a de-load / training pivot where you do something totally different for a period of time to allow for active recovery of the body and mind, replenish energy stores.

Bike ride, swim, hike, etc -- something that is really a big change in routine and often not proscriptively programmed.
Great, thanks a lot:)

I am not sure relative to PlanStrong/BuiltStrong, but I do have in my programming Improv notes, "In weightlifting a macrocycle (traditionally called the “big cycle”) is typically made up of three periods, preparatory (1-2 months), competition (1 month), and transition (1 week to 1 month)."

The preparatory builds a foundation. "The volume is high and the intensity increases slowly." The competition period is then lower volume and up to maximal intensity, to "reach the highest athletic form and to realize it." Unfortunately there is not a description of what the transition period is.

I can tell you that my weightlifting coach programs a transition period of 2 weeks following the competition cycle. Generally, moderate volume (5x5 ish) and lighter weights, 50% of 1RM for at least half of the lifts. Basically: sessions that are not stressful, but still moving. They feel refreshing.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom