all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Triple progression question

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Marino

Level 5 Valued Member
I'm looking for a strength focussed program for the next few months. Looking to improve pistols, weighted pull ups and KB military press. I only have kettle bells so I have to factor in large jumps in weight. I'm thinking about the following routine:

Monday - weighted pull ups working up to owning 5 sets of 5 over time before increasing weight

Tuesday - pistols working up to owning 5 sets of 5 over time before increasing weight

Wednesday - military press working up to owning 5 sets of 5 over time before increasing weight

Friday - some light weighted pull ups, double military presses and double front squats for practice.

Has anyone followed such a program or something similar and did it work over time?

I ran the triple progression for one arm presses. helped increase my max press from 28kg for 1-2 to 4 to 5ish. while a light practice day is a good idea training a the triple progression 3 days in a row would be brutal. may I suggest Monday pull up triple progression/light press, Wednesday Pistols, Friday Press/ light pull-up. with one practice session. I also did assistance exercise that helped my press.

Bro Mo makes a good point. I think I'll give S and J a go first. The instructions are simpler to follow and the volume each session is less but sessions are more frequent.

I've been doing Geoff Neupert's Olympic 2.1 (squats, push press, clean) with double 28s for the last 3 months. It's a very good program but it becomes pretty taxing in the later stages - I will value the rest periods of S and J. The Olympic has given me an unexpected side effect though. My single KB military press is stronger than it's ever been and I haven't specifically trained the movement for well over a year. My pistol strength is also near my all time high and I haven't trained the pistol for 2 years. My weighted pull up strength is way down though.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom