all posts post new thread

Trying a new combo for A+A/Q&D for the next 6 months.

rwleonard

Level 7 Valued Member
I have been alternating 044 with KBSF double Long Cycles for the last 6 months. Good stuff. But I have wanted to try using the "Long Cycle Viking Push Press" in both programs, so I am going to commit the next six months to it.

So it's snatch to lock-out, VPP, re-snatch to lock-out, VPP,..repeat until strong, powerful, and enduring.

Both the snatch and VPP are approved Q&D movements, so they (obviously the snatch part) should work for A+A as well. It will fit into the KBSF Long Cycle plan, both A and B, just fine, and offers the opportunity for a lot of same but different variability in Q&D. Using it for both plans should enhance skill development. The only potential issue I see is it being too much for the shoulder. Patient progress should (should) mitigate that.

Plus I really just enjoy doing them, which always helps.

What could go wrong? I'll let you know, early next year.

I have been alternating 044 with KBSF double Long Cycles for the last 6 months. Good stuff. But I have wanted to try using the "Long Cycle Viking Push Press" in both programs, so I am going to commit the next six months to it.

So it's snatch to lock-out, VPP, re-snatch to lock-out, VPP,..repeat until strong, powerful, and enduring.

Both the snatch and VPP are approved Q&D movements, so they (obviously the snatch part) should work for A+A as well. It will fit into the KBSF Long Cycle plan, both A and B, just fine, and offers the opportunity for a lot of same but different variability in Q&D. Using it for both plans should enhance skill development. The only potential issue I see is it being too much for the shoulder. Patient progress should (should) mitigate that.

Sorry for the dumb question but whats the 044 program and where can I find more info

I'm currently running the Russian Bear program twice a week (Zerchers and Military Press) Mon and Thu.
I'm kb snatching A+A on Tue, and 044 Q&D snatching on Fri. I'm only a few weeks into this, so unsure of the effects yet. Q&D snatches are harder 'inter-set' with no hand switch; I'm running 5/4 protocol right now. The last set of 5 def feel the grip starting to fatigue slightly, whereas on the Tue A+A session, I'm switching hands EMOM. I do notice my A+A snatches gaining more explosiveness as grip fatigue isn't a factor at all (compared to Q&D style).

Back
Top Bottom