all posts post new thread

Trying out this training log thing

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
1/12
Swings/variety day
Swings 32kg 3 min, 25x4 reps tot 100
100 band pull aparts
50 Hindu pushups
50 fatman rows
Also had my first asthma attack in years after the swings. This is the first time since starting BJJ in 2016 I've had it, it's also the first time since then I've gone a complete month with out "cardio" 4-5 times a week. During the last lockdown, I biked for 30-45 mins 3-4 days a week and did hill sprints or other hard cardio 2 days a week on top of 531. I will have to revaluate this, going to start biking 20 mins a day now, If possible. Maybe hill sprints to If my bum knee can take it.

3/12
Heavy day
5x1,2,3,4,5, singles with 32. Rest of the work with 26.
Pullups 51,2,3,4,5 15kg
My callouses felt sore today so I decided not to do 1H swing, instead did 8min AMRAP of 32kg swings, 10/set, tot 16 sets, 160 reps.

5/12
Easy day
5x1,2,3 presses, singles with the 32, rest with the 26 one
Snatches, 12 min, 10R,10L the rest 1 min. Total 115. Was going for 120 but felt that the skin in the palm of my left hand was about the rip so ended it earlier.

Pressed for time today, so I decided to do a test day. DuLugios progression is much harsher and as I've done 5x1,2,3,4,5 two times (I think?) now I decided to go for a test day.
32kg, 5 reps Left, 7 left rights. Wednesday will be my first LIGHT DAY WITH THE 32. Feels great. This time I will follow a much more conservative progression a friend showed me.

Light day, 32kg
W1D1
I've made some changes on how I will continue, more about that below. I weighed myself and noticed that I've gone from 75 to 76,5-77 as my morning weight. No sure It's muscle gain though since I've become more sedentary going from 4 BJJ sessions a week and 2 pretty hard weight room sessions and biking for 1-2 days a week for 20-30 minuts to only doing ROP 3 days a week with the occasional variety day stuff, which in fact isn't very taxing.
32kg, 3x1
pull ups 17kg 3x3
Decided that this time around I will do 10 goblet squats between rungs to get my squat pattern in and work on my work capacity.
Snatches - decided that I will snatch with 24kg this time around so I decided to remove the 2kg weight I ductaped on to my 24. Snatches feels much lighter.
Rolled a 4 and a 6 so 10 minutes, 140 reps

14/12
Heavy day
Press 3,x1,2,3 32kg
Pull ups 3x,1,2,3 17kg
Goblet squat 3x10, 32kg
Rolled double fours. 8 mins, 140 reps. Focus on keeping evey rep at eye level and being as explosive as possible.

W2D1 16/12
Light day
4x1 press 32kg
4x10 pullups BW
4x10 goblet squat 32kg
Did bodyweight pullups today because a total of 4 reps felt way too easy? Might bite me in the a#@ later down the road, but I still feel that I can recover well and used to do 100 pull ups per training session when doing 5/3/1 two days a week so this isn't very much in comparison.

Per recommendation in the ROP support group, I did snatches with the 32kg today. Rolled two and five so a total of 7 minutes, 3L/3R so 60 reps. This was way harder than I anticipated but felt great being able to sling it around like that. I orded a 40KG yesterday as a christmas gift to myself, It should arrive at the end of the week. I remember when I started swinging the 32 the snatches with 24 started to feel easy, so I think that the 40kg will be a great addition.

Last edited:
17/12
Variety day
The 40kg arrived today! So 5x5 cleans, did some swings, one handed and two handed. Also managed to push press it on my right hand. Stoked that it arrived! Looking forward to where rop will take me.

18/12
W2D2
Medium day
4x1,2 32kg
4x1,2 17kg pull ups
3x10 bw dips

Swings 10 min, 3L, 3R 40kg, two handed 3x10

Really fun introducing the 40 kg. Decided not to goblet squats today to put full effort into swinging that thing. Being used to competition bells, the handle width makes it so much harder for one hand swings. After cleaning and swinging the 40 yesterday the 32kg felt much lighter, which is fun. Will probably do goblet squats tomorrow.

Last edited:
19/12
Variety day
3x10 goblet squat 40kg
4x5 loaded clean 40kg

Decided to pratice some push pressed and they felt surprisingly good. Tried to press the 40 and managed to get one, not so strict, rep with my right hand. At a bw of 76 this is slighly more than half bodyweight :)

Here's a video

W2D3
Heavy day
press 4x1,2,3 32kg
Pull ups, 4x1,2,3 17kg
Swings 40kg , 10min
Wanted to go for 10L/10R but realized quickly that my grip is too weak for it to be max effort swings, rest between sets would be too long, so did 10 two hands swings AMRAP in 10 min, total 120 reps.

19/12
Variety day
3x10 goblet squat 40kg
4x5 loaded clean 40kg

Decided to pratice some push pressed and they felt surprisingly good. Tried to press the 40 and managed to get one, not so strict, rep with my right hand. At a bw of 76 this is slighly more than half bodyweight :)

Here's a video

That's awesome!! Great strength!! Congratulations on that! Keep doing your current ROP cycle and those reps will be even cleaner/stronger!

That's awesome!! Great strength!! Congratulations on that! Keep doing your current ROP cycle and those reps will be even cleaner/stronger!
Thank you Dries, means a lot coming from someone as strong as you! ROP truly delivers if you are consistent.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom