all posts post new thread

Trying out this training log thing

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
19/1
W6D3
Press test day/heavy day
Did a couple of singles with 32kg and then tried the 40kg. I Managed to put up to reps, much cleaner than the single I managed to press a month ago. I managed to put up a single on my left hand with about the same quality as the press from a month ago. Then I did 3 singles L/R to make sure it wasn't luck. Overall good progress, I did not expect to be able to do this when I started RoP at the end of October. I decided to save the snatch test to my next light day since I really wanted to do the heavy day, which felt a lot harder after doing some max effort work.

heavy day
5x1,2,3,4 Clean and press 32kg
5x1,2,3,4 Pull-upps 15kg

8 min Swings, twohand, 40kg
130 reps

21/1
W7D1
Light day
Press 32kg 3x1,2,3
Pull-ups 15kg, 3x1,2,3

I decided to put the snatch test on this day So I wouldn't do the press test and heavy day before attacking the snatch. I did the test with 24kg, which felt completely different after snatching with a 32kg and swinging a 40.
20R, 20L, 20r, 20L, 10R, 10L 4:35. Took unnecessary rest to watch the clock for some reason, think I will do even better the next test day. Very happy with this.

21/1
W7D1
Light day
Press 32kg 3x1,2,3
Pull-ups 15kg, 3x1,2,3

I decided to put the snatch test on this day So I wouldn't do the press test and heavy day before attacking the snatch. I did the test with 24kg, which felt completely different after snatching with a 32kg and swinging a 40.
20R, 20L, 20r, 20L, 10R, 10L 4:35. Took unnecessary rest to watch the clock for some reason, think I will do even better the next test day. Very happy with this.
Dude great results on the snatch test!

19/1
W6D3
Press test day/heavy day
Did a couple of singles with 32kg and then tried the 40kg. I Managed to put up to reps, much cleaner than the single I managed to press a month ago. I managed to put up a single on my left hand with about the same quality as the press from a month ago. Then I did 3 singles L/R to make sure it wasn't luck. Overall good progress, I did not expect to be able to do this when I started RoP at the end of October. I decided to save the snatch test to my next light day since I really wanted to do the heavy day, which felt a lot harder after doing some max effort work.

heavy day
5x1,2,3,4 Clean and press 32kg
5x1,2,3,4 Pull-upps 15kg

8 min Swings, twohand, 40kg
130 reps
Congrats on your strong progress!

I've decided that I will go back to the gym now. I have the chance to go train in the early mornings. I've had fun with the RoP and have made great progress, I've also learned to appreciate kettlebells in another way. I've used them for assistance except for a short stint of S&S which I frankly found boring and too minimalistic. I will use kettlebells in the future, they are great for when you are training from home or when training need to take up a small amount of time or be spread out throughout the day, these are however not the circumstances I'm under now and I look forward to bench, squat, OHP and deadlift again.

Since I started I've gone from 76-78kg. I've gained size in my shoulders, traps and glutes but also some fat since my overall activity level has decreased. I've went from struggling with pressing the 32kg to being able to press 40 L/R and comfortably do the 100/5 min snatch test.

Where to go now? I will return to 5/3/1, do a test day finding a comfortable 3 rep max on the lifts and do the Orignal 5/3/1 with 5x5 First set last, and then I'll maybe look in to either some templates I've always wanted to try but haven't been able too due to the recovery issue from doing bjj as well. I might do Boring But Big , Building the monolith, the krypteia or Leviathan.

I'll post my new comfortable 3RMs, since they somehow connect to strength progress I've made with RoP. But I also know that it takes some time to adapt the strength gains to other implements.

Last edited:
Sounds like you got a plan! Good luck! I too miss barbells sometimes but am still pretty content with kettlebells - but sometimes...

So 3 months of ROP gave me these results in terms av barbell training
BW 74 -> 78 (163 - > 171) PR!
OHP 70 - > 75 ( 154 -> 165) PR!
DL 170 -> 190 (374 -> 418) PR!
Bench Press 90kg -> 90 kg (198->198)
Squat: Didn't try a 1rm, but did a comfortable 3x120 (265)

I am actually amazed, 20kg to my DL and 5 to my ohp? Feels amazing, and I will definitely be coming back to RoP and kettlebell training, but I'm very happy to be back. I might start another training log, I don't know where now but since I will be changing focus from strongfirst oriented training I don't think this will be the place, happy to have made a visit though! I might bring this training log back to life later when i decide that kettlebells will return to being my primary focus. Thanks to Coyotl, Drier, Kiacek and everyone else liking and commenting keeping me accountable to post and continue logging my workouts.

Sounds like you got a plan! Good luck! I too miss barbells sometimes but am still pretty content with kettlebells - but sometimes...
I have! Thank you. The itch just got out of hand, but I know now that I really underestimated kettlebells, will definitely return to them, and so will you! just keep grinding. Thansk for all the likes and support!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom