all posts post new thread

TSC TSC - Snatch

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Dav3B

First Post
I have entered TSC for the first time and want a bit of guidance on the snatch and judging. I have always snatched in a KB sport style rather than hard style and although I have been practising the hard style snatch I style lapse into KB sport style occasionally.

Will any none hard style snatches be no counts?

thanks
Dave

Any style that meets the rules, including GS, is perfectly fine. It's not usually first choice because it's often slower.

Welcome to the StrongFirst forum, @Dav3B.

-S-

No problem, @Dav3B. Basically you swing the bell overhead in one, clean movement, making sure it's really straight up and down, and lower it the same way and you're good. Because you can set the bell down and/or switch hands at will, TSC competitors usually go at a faster pace than they could do with only a single hand switch and the need to make it out to 10 minutes.

The rules are on our web site, should you wish to have a look at them.

-S-

Any style that meets the rules, including GS, is perfectly fine. It's not usually first choice because it's often slower.

Welcome to the StrongFirst forum, @Dav3B.

-S-

When using the GS style, the foot on the side of the working arm usually rises up during the lifting and dropping phase. Will that be an issue?

As far as I know, if it's legal at a GS meet, while it's not our _preferred_ style, it's still allowed.

I don't know if this is still the case, and I also cannot promise it won't change in the future if it hasn't changed already.

@Brett Jones?

-S-

@Steve Freides - Thanks, I only ask because the GS style is the only style I’ve used in prior training. But I’m definitely trying to learn the HS snatch.

However, the biomechanical breathing causes me to wear out quicker with HS snatches. Also at the moment I can do more GS snatches vs HS snatches per minute... which is normal considering I’m just barely learning HS.

I’m assuming the kettlebells used at the TSC will be iron cast, which is better suited for HS snatches anyways, IMHO.

Last edited:
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom