all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed TSC Training Plan + Supplementals - Opinions Welcome

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

OldAndWeak

Level 1 Valued Member
Hey all - I read the TSC Training Plan article, found it really helpful and simple yet comprehensive, and came up with something built around it and could use your opinions. Following-up on a couple of prior threads where I tried to get some help building a routine, I've learned that when people said "hey you're trying to do too much!", you were right - I'd get through a couple of strength exercises per-day really well, great form, making progress in those the first couple of weeks, but if I'd already done something that relied on my shoulders, as an example, they wouldn't have any juice left to help supplement some other move where they come into play.

I also learned that I just don't have adequate time to make it 5 days to the gym, and I'm basically spending ALL my free time thinking about it, worrying about it, stressing that I'm not making it there enough, etc, and the first 3 weeks on that routine were no fun. So, over the holiday break, I came up with this 4-day plan where I think this fits into life and works on the core skills I hope to get better at. Opinions please?!?

DAY 1
Warmups, Stretches, Mountain Climbers, Twists, Halos
10 get-ups – same kettlebell used for 1-arm swings
Deadlifts 75% – 3,3,2,2
Pull-up Progressions
Swings 10x10 - two-handed, eventually one-handed

DAY 2
Goblet Squat 5x5 wave loads
Pull-up Progressions
Snatches (work up to 100, start at 6/side/min)
Rowing

DAY 3
10 get-ups – same kettlebell used for swings
Deadlift 80% 5x2
Pull-up Progressions
Swings 10x10 - two-handed, eventually one-handed

DAY 4
Goblet Squat 5x5 wave loads
Pull-up Progressions
Snatches (work up to 100, start at 6/side/min)
Rowing

The Pull-Up Progressions refer to the advice about hangs with my neck above bar - I probably can't even do the 0:25 sec starter hangs, but I'll scale down by half and start there. Rowing is in place of running since it's winter now and the treadmill is too boring, and it's a skill that I want to get better at and hope it helps build up strength to start pull-ups. Or maybe it'll interfere?!?

Short-term goal is to sign up for the April TSC Challenge at the local gym, as I couldn't do pull-ups at all or snatch a 24kg bell 100x for the Fall one (I was able to do 20kgx100 twice with practice). I'm 153 lbs, goal is to deadlift 230 lbs (1RM is 195 lbs now). 10 pull-ups is my dream, but 2 would be a great start!!!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom