all posts post new thread

TSC TSC which category

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Glen

Level 6 Valued Member
planning on doing the fall TSC.

looking through the choices you have novice, open and elite - presume the deciding factor in which one you choose is your snatch ability?

currently unsure of which to enter (and therefore training loads/weight).

right now deadlift would be 500lbs (best 530lbs), pull ups with 10kg was around mid teens with the form required and around low twenties for bodyweight.

snatches unsure of as havent done a lot

Sounds like you could be in the Elite division if your snatches are OK w/ 32 kg, but if it's your first TSC, why not just do the Open division and see how you do?

-S-

I think your probably right, think my penny pinching ways were in the back of my mind as opens meant getting a 24kg bell as have 20's and 32's :)

Hey, if you can do a number of snatches you'll be happy with @ 32kg, go for elite and skip the 24.

-S-

Or put your 20 kg on Craiglist and buy a 24 to replace it.

-S-

it's an option but have pairs of 20s and 32s and kind of like the options of pairs - also bought both 20lgs. around 13+years ago and im kind of sentimental and attached to them, especially since I painted them with batman symbols ;)

got my eye on a 24kg on ebay so will see how that pans out. got a long time until the summer/fall to source one.

Thanks

right now deadlift would be 500lbs (best 530lbs), pull ups with 10kg was around mid teens with the form required and around low twenties for bodyweight.

snatches unsure of as havent done a lot
Serious strength, Glen.
Getting to know the snatch is time well spent.

will do @Harald Motz just got to finish my pressing program first - I'm too easily distracted with goals and need to keep focused and tick one thing off at a time

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom