Question Turkish get up progression quesion

Anth

Double-Digit Post Count
Hello,

Sorry if this has been addressed. I've been looking everywhere, but I can't find anyone talking about it.

What is the progression of the TGU (aside from weight)? For example, what exactly does "5 sets of 1 TGU per arm" vs "5 sets of 5 TGU per arm" mean? Does this mean that you do 5 on the left without putting down the bell, and then switch arms and do 5 on the right? Then you do that 5 times? That seems a bit unrealistic, especially considering the 10-minute rule.

Full disclosure: I started S&S this week, and I ordered the book, but it hasn't arrived yet, so hopefully that will be clearer once the book gets here.

Thanks in advance.

Bunn

Triple-Digit Post Count
@Anth First, welcome to the forum.

Second, within S&S there are no "5 sets of 5 TGU per arm", it is all 5 sets of 1 per arm (1L, 1R, etc.). There are some training programs that use high rep TGU's, but S&S is not one of them. Increases in weight and condensing the time needed to complete the full 10 reps is basically the only TGU progression within S&S.

Anth

Double-Digit Post Count
Okay thanks. I started the program but I'm still waiting for the book so I'm relying on second hand interpretations right now (It should be here today though).

Top Bottom