all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Turkish get up progression quesion

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Anth

Level 4 Valued Member
Hello,

Sorry if this has been addressed. I've been looking everywhere, but I can't find anyone talking about it.

What is the progression of the TGU (aside from weight)? For example, what exactly does "5 sets of 1 TGU per arm" vs "5 sets of 5 TGU per arm" mean? Does this mean that you do 5 on the left without putting down the bell, and then switch arms and do 5 on the right? Then you do that 5 times? That seems a bit unrealistic, especially considering the 10-minute rule.

Full disclosure: I started S&S this week, and I ordered the book, but it hasn't arrived yet, so hopefully that will be clearer once the book gets here.

Thanks in advance.

@Anth First, welcome to the forum.

Second, within S&S there are no "5 sets of 5 TGU per arm", it is all 5 sets of 1 per arm (1L, 1R, etc.). There are some training programs that use high rep TGU's, but S&S is not one of them. Increases in weight and condensing the time needed to complete the full 10 reps is basically the only TGU progression within S&S.

Okay thanks. I started the program but I'm still waiting for the book so I'm relying on second hand interpretations right now (It should be here today though).

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom