all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Two-Arm Swing Form check.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

CClark2.0

Level 5 Valued Member
Hello,

My Kettlebell Swing has really been feeling awkward lately, and I would like to get some feedback in regards to my form. I've switched to two arm to see if that feels any better but it doesn't. I'll be starting S&S again here soon and want to make sure my form is down pat.

Any feedback or tips will be greatly appreciated.

Thank You.

Hey buddy no sfg but... Looks a tad bit sloppy on the pop to me but overall looks good try and add a little more tension. Back looks pretty good ,decent downswing .

Last edited:
Nice music! Charley Pride - "A Word Or Two To Mary" ... from about the time I was born.

You're doing a lot right there and definitely have the basic idea of the swing. Explosive upswing, good timing, decent plank at the top, shoulders packed (not shrugged).

The main thing you're missing is a hinge at the bottom of the swing. Sit back into the hips like you're going to jump. Hips back. Review that part in S&S and use the practice drills, including kettlebell deadlift, to re-pattern the hinge, then take it back to the swing.

Looking forward to your next video, and music selection. :)

Looking really solid! Agree with Anna on the hinge - think of the bottom of the swing as an athletic position like one you'd see in the baseball/softball infielder ready position vs. a "straight legged deadlift".

So you want a little more knee bend and to visualize driving your feet down through the floor. Visualize jumping... without leaving the ground.

Hello,

Thank you all so much for the tips I really appreciate it! Apologies for taking so long to reply been busy lately. Does this look better it feels stronger but want to make sure:

Thanks in advance.

Yes, it does look much improved! Great work, and nice swings.

So now you're at the point where your swing is more effective than the weight you are swinging, as evidenced by a powerful upswing which reaches above chest height. You have a few options:

1) Arrest the ascent with the lats. This approaches what is called a "shadow swing" or "overspeed eccentric" swing.
2) Swing a heavier bell
3) Keep swinging as you are (there's nothing "wrong" with it, but you are losing some opportunity for further development)
4) Switch to 1H swings with that weight

Which you choose to move towards choose depends on your goals...

Last edited:
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom