all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Two-Four week blocks?

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
for adults that don't do it very often sprinting can actually cause a lot of injuries.
Performing Sprints

High Intense Sprint Interval are someting you start out with it is something you work up to.

Post Cardiac High Interval RehabTraining

Information has been posted this site regarding High Intensithy Interval Cardiac Rehab Training.

The same recommedation apply for Cardiac Rehab Patients as it does for adults who rarely perform sprints.

Cardiac Rehab Patients ease into it. Thus, their High Intensity Interval Training Session would be something like walking down to the end of the hallway in a hospital, sitting down and walking back.

While it seems like we should all be able to do it since in my brain I feel like we all grew up sprinting for sports, but that is simply not true and even less true the older we get.

Simply Not True

This definitely applies to your statement.

As long as am individual is healthy and in good enough condition Track Sprints are fine.

hill sprints or sled pulls are recommended, because you get the benefits of sprinting but you are moving much slower so it's safer.

High Intensity Interval Training

Yes, both Hill Sprints and Sled Pull performed with high intensity for 30 second or less, with rest period beween them is High Intensity Interval Training.

It's questionalbe if they are safer.

A great deal of force need to be generated to run up a hill (dependent on the percentage of incline).

The same is true for someone pulling let's say a Sled that weighs with weight on it, add up to be 100 lbs.

The objective with both is to Sprint Up the hill or drag the 100 lb Sled a set distance as quickly as possible.

If moving slower ensure greater safety, that would mean Powerlifting would really be safe.

Okay, I am going to try that sprint protocol 2-3 times a week and then do mostly light movements after depending on how I feel (TGU, carries, armor building).

Why?

To reiterate, for what reason.

I admire you ambition but this appears be driven by emtion rather than logic.

Are you supposed to be done after those three sprints?

Recovery

If the sprint intensity has been maximally intenisty has been performed, you need to recovery period of 10-20 minutes before doing anything else.

Pavel's video on recovery, which has been posted on this site, noted that after a hard training set, up to 15 minutes need be to take for complete recovery.

I'm not in fantastic shape, ...

Not In Fantastic Shape

That means you need to ease into it slow

I can't imagine that I'd be more tired than after a 3-minute round of sparring.

3 Minutes of Sparing

1) You are not going all out in your sparing for three minutes.

2) Your sparing is essentially a form of High Intensity Interval Training; short intense bouts followed by short lower intense bouts.

The ATP Phosphagen Energy System

The ATP Phosphagen Energy System is the primary source of energy in short bursts of energy performed in less than 30 seconds, with around 10-15 seconds the optimal range.

ATP Muscle Recovery

Rest Periods of around 10 seconds of low intensity work restore a small percentage of ATP.

Rest Periods of 30 seconds restore appoximately 50% of Muscle ATP.

Rest Periods of about 85% can restore up to about 80% of Muscle ATP.

The greater the ATP Muscle Restoration, the more force you can produce with everything: Sprints, Weight or Muay Thai.

"No one ever got dumbber from reading a book (reference article)"
Alwyn Cosgrove/Strength Coach

I cannot state this enough. Take time, do your own rearch and come to your own conclusions.

Last edited:
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom