all posts post new thread

Bodyweight Two Handed Pushups?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
I've found the trunk tension in one arm one leg push ups kept my lowerback used to holding position.

Combining it with some inverted leg lifts works well to keep active/dynamic strength of glutes and lower back

Do the old original two handed pushups mean anything at Strongfirst? Do you guys see any value in them?

of course they have value and them being called easy (well it depends on who you ask) BUT always valuable. I teach all fitness levels how to do solid two hand pushups as well as progression on to OAPU.

Once you reach your set/rep goal and they feel easy then YES progress to harder variations that will take you to OA or OAOL. :)

Yes, they have value. I have been doing 2 handed pushups almost daily for a year now, ranging from low to high volume (200-300+), sets of 20-35. Its endurance work, sure, but that was my goal. I also found that for me, it keeps me balanced with all of the pulling and overhead work I do with bells, bars, and bodyweight. Adding a band for extra resistance is a great, portable option I have been doing recently. As others have said, yes you want to progress to OA and OAOL for more strength work, but there is no need to throw out lower intensity movements. You can't always deadlift in the 90% range. Same goes for bodyweight movements.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom