all posts post new thread

Kettlebell two hands anyhow

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
@Shahaf Levin, @ShawnM, @Bret S., @Stuart Elliott, @Geoff Chafe, @takei, @MarkSch thank you very much gentlemen for the appreciation.

a minute of strength. On that day, I bent pressed the 60 the first time, and felt not bad. This was the third bent press with it. When I curled the 36kg up there is a slight sound, where almost dinner came back up into my throught, and the curl felt really slower, than it looks in the video. Then I gathered myself, to catch my breath a bit and ground out a relatively decent press. Then I just wanted to stay straight with it, with the least amount of trembling. Then the lowering of the 36kg to the ground got tough as I think I made the mistake, that I did not look to the sixty on my extended arm, it started to shake a bit, as fatigue rises exponentially rose with every second. You see it then when my right hand reaching to the heavy bell was trembling or was it waving the bell? I just did not wanted to get buried by it...Then it is nice to see the lift and remembering how it felt.

The lift looked very controlled and yet very dangerous at the same time. After reading your description of the circumstances leading up to it I'm awed by it even more. You have to have supreme confidence in your strength and body to pull that off (and some brass b*lls). One question, are you left hand dominant?

The lift looked very controlled and yet very dangerous at the same time. After reading your description of the circumstances leading up to it I'm awed by it even more. You have to have supreme confidence in your strength and body to pull that off (and some brass b*lls). One question, are you left hand dominant?
all around I am very content with this lift. I am right dominant actually. The snatch is slightly better with my right, the press is kind of the same, the bent press is actually better on my left. I t fees already better, when I have it racked to commence the bent. On my right side, I sometimes have an issue to lock the arm out, maybe I am lacking lat connection there, as the shoulder can feel delicate there. Then I just stop the lift.

A cool thing about the anyhow is, that I can lift more up to my extended arms without any momentum then my weight.

two hands anyhow 100kg (64kg & 36kg) @ 85kg bodyweight

was my third bent press with 64kg and I just wanted to make the lift for the sake of the 100kg. First time I had this weight over my head. The press took an eternity, and when I finally got it over my head it seems that I am doing fast and loose...it was a tough lift, but I stayed with it with a kind of integrity I think. And by the way, these big bells are really awkward. When the bent press gets smoother and a bit faster, the whole lift will be getting tighter. All in all I am quite content.

was my third bent press with 64kg and I just wanted to make the lift for the sake of the 100kg. First time I had this weight over my head. The press took an eternity, and when I finally got it over my head it seems that I am doing fast and loose...it was a tough lift, but I stayed with it with a kind of integrity I think. And by the way, these big bells are really awkward. When the bent press gets smoother and a bit faster, the whole lift will be getting tighter. All in all I am quite content.

Harald I don't use FB any chance of a YT video?

Can't wait for next week's 104kg video ;)

At what point do you plan to switch to a bar for the bent press hand?

Harald - this literally makes me think of when Pavel says the true Girevik grinds out the lift. I think it's PTTP - awesome to watch strength + determination in getting that 64 up, you cannot fake that strength with false body movements. It makes me want to try 2 hands anyhow (2HAH!!).

Question - what do you find most beneficial about this lift?

@Bret S. : you can not watch the above video? Nevertheless, there it is in colour although it makes the lift not better...

Incredible lift, love the way you kept your cool, when the body was saying no, the mind was saying yes. I would have been shaking like a leaf in the breeze after that one!

Can't wait for next week's 104kg video
I think the gains on the linear progression are over. Maybe I have to eat my way through the sticking point or else.

At what point do you plan to switch to a bar for the bent press hand?
as we know, the bar has its own awkwardness. But practicing with the bar is very is a good idea, I liked doing heavy get ups with it in the past. A dumbbell would also be an option there are many ways to get a weight over the head.

Incredible lift, love the way you kept your cool, when the body was saying no, the mind was saying yes. I would have been shaking like a leaf in the breeze after that one!
You bet, while pressing I just thought: damn that is tough, you have come so far in that lift now let's prrrrrresssss. Then I got it overhead and then I was shaking like a leaf in the breeze.

Question - what do you find most beneficial about this lift?
good question I don't know what's most but there a quite a few which come to my mind:
- a creative way to be getting weights overhead with submaximal weights: the heavier weight can be lifted in any manner one or more times, the lighter is usually curled (some guys kind of swing it to the rack) and pressed. the weights can be racked and then you can squat. In short you can build some nice complex chains with it.
- every standard lifting tool can be used or mixed together
- uneven load has its own challenges to stabilize
- although I use two bells here it is not really double bell work, nor single bell work. Sure, I use two bells, but concentrate first on that bent press, then I focus on the other bell, but without loosing the other bell
- this lift demands patience, calmness, focus and confidence as some soft skills
- this lift as the old lifts (get up, bent press) in general in my opinion for best results have to be practiced for best results: patience, calmness, adequate rest
- lots of time under tension
- when really heavy as you can see above, you can grind through it with some determination
- I don't have to feel guilty of doing bicep curls with a kettlebell
- is a reminiscence on the good old days of the iron culture
- it is a way for me to be getting the most weight over my head 1. that makes happy 2. that makes strong

as we know, the bar has its own awkwardness. But practicing with the bar is very is a good idea, I liked doing heavy get ups with it in the past. A dumbbell would also be an option there are many ways to get a weight over the head.

I think that work in with a bar I learned allot about the back rack position and initiating the bend/wedge properly.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom