all posts post new thread

Nutrition Two meals a day?!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
I'm usually (approx 5 or 6 days out of 7) two meals daily, equally large meals for lunch + dinner as I don't snack. I'm rarely hungry in the morning so black coffee easily gets me through to lunch although when I train in the morning lunch may be brought forward to 11am or so. On the weekend I will add a light breakfast (eg poached eggs on toast) usually one or occasionally both days simply because my wife likes to eat out. Overall two meals daily is an eating plan that works well for me

@LukeV what do you usually eat at either meal man?

@offwidth same question to you Bruv.
Food...

I don't buy into many of the popular things like Paleo, Low Carb, etc.
(Although I admit to having 'experimented' a bit over the years...)

Just normal food. Meat, fish, veggies. Avoiding or at least minimizing
Red Meats (Good Rib-eye or game being the exceptions), processed meats, highly processed foods in general (although ALL food is processed in some manner). I also avoid dairy and fruit. And I don't fear the potato...

I am going to start a two meal a day plan on Monday. I was thinking of keeping it light at lunch with yogurt and cottage cheese and a big meal when I get home from work. I might still do my greens and bcaa drink on the way home from work.

Two meals a day has been a cornerstone for me the last couple months. Probably almost a year.

Who else does it? And how??
Usually a light breakfast/lunch at 1100-1300.
And a heavy dinner 1900-2030.

My first “meal” is a Dales Raw Foods protein bar, 220-ish calories, plus coffee with heavy cream, plus vitamins. Time varies from 0700 to 1300 or so, depending on my day.

-S-

I tend towards low carb and high protein and away from processed or fast foods, but without being fixated. I aim at just two good sized (read: BIG) meals of fresh meat, vegetables etc. I drink alcohol (usually light alcohol beer) most days of the week so I'm getting calories from there as well

Two meals a day has been a cornerstone for me the last couple months. Probably almost a year.

@Pavel Macek are you still doing this and how?
This is roughly the same thing I do

I usually eat 2 meal/day, too.
A typical day looks like this:

~10:00 get up
~11:00 - 17:00 work
~18:00 - 20:00 get home/do some houshold stuff/relax/coffee
~20:30/21:00 - 22:00 train
~22:00 - 24:00 cook/eat
~1:00 -2:00 eat again/go to bed

I often have some fruit before training (medium - large serving like 2 apples or 2 big bananas or dries fruit like dates or prunes) but not always and not necessarily.

I usually have:

Morning-Midday- Muesli & Fruit.
Afternoon- Protein Shake.
Dinner- 400g worth of beans with Vegetables and Rice. Or 4-6 Eggs with Vegetables and Rice. (Maybe calorie shake if extra hungry)
Work Snack (nighshift)- Protein Bar & Almonds.
Keeps me lean and mean.

@Pavel Macek are you still doing this and how?

Yes sir. I usually break the fast around 2 PM, and have a dinner around 8 PM.

I usually eat 2 meal/day, too.
A typical day looks like this:

~10:00 get up
~11:00 - 17:00 work
~18:00 - 20:00 get home/do some houshold stuff/relax/coffee
~20:30/21:00 - 22:00 train
~22:00 - 24:00 cook/eat
~1:00 -2:00 eat again/go to bed

I often have some fruit before training (medium - large serving like 2 apples or 2 big bananas or dries fruit like dates or prunes) but not always and not necessarily.
That's an interesting schedule....

I've been eating this way for probably ten months. Work days I'm eating around 1 and dinner by 8. Weekends I eat around 11 or noon and dinner by 8.

For those of us drinking black coffee in the morning, do you care that it may technically take you out of a fasted state? From what I've read/heard anything other than water kicks off the liver for the day. I don't mind as I like the taste of black coffee and there are still benefits of being calorie restricted for a long period of time.

For those of us drinking black coffee in the morning, do you care that it may technically take you out of a fasted state? From what I've read/heard anything other than water kicks off the liver for the day. I don't mind as I like the taste of black coffee and there are still benefits of being calorie restricted for a long period of time.

If you have Jedi discipline , you can try not drinking coffee for a few months and report back if you managed to levitate or something. I'm not giving up coffee for anything less than levitation

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom