all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Two pairs or three single?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

ClintRW

Level 1 Valued Member
Just curious what everyone’s thoughts are. Would you rather have two pairs of kettlebells (2 - 16kg & 2 - 24kg) or three singles (1 -16kg, 1 - 24 kg, and 1 - 32 kg)

The weights are arbitrary...just using them for illustration.

If you were limited hypothetically, or are limited actually, and had to choose between the two options what would you choose and why?

3 singles. I’ve been at this 5 years now and I’ve hardly done any double work (preference really) because there is so much that can be practiced with single bells. 3 singles gives you more options. Plus I believe asymmetrical loading is highly applicable to real life situations.

I have enjoyed doubles when I’ve done them though.

Last edited:
3 singles without a doubt. You can still do doubles. I think there are merits to uneven doubles. Doubles of every bell is also $$$$$.

Wow, unanimous. I wasn't expecting that.

The reason I ask is I ordered two bells, a 35lb and 55lb. I only received the 55lb bell so I called the company to see what happened. They got another 35lb shipped out the next day. So then I got the 35lber, and then a few days later I got another one. The carrier must have been pretty aggressive with the packages because both bells had damage on the finish. So I contacted the kettlebell company again and to explain what had happened and we came to an agreement that I would keep both bells instead of shipping a bunch of stuff back and forth to get an undamaged one.

Long story short I have 2- 35lb and 1 55 lb. Was wondering if my next purchase should be another 55 lb or something heavier keeping in mind that the company is running a 30% off sale on 55lb bells right now and they also gave me an additional discount on my next purchase.

Long story short I have 2- 35lb and 1 55 lb. Was wondering if my next purchase should be another 55 lb or something heavier keeping in mind that the company is running a 30% off sale on 55lb bells right now and they also gave me an additional discount on my next purchase.

Perfect.

Next one: 32kg.

Then, another 24kg, if you are aiming for SFG I (for double cleans and front squats).

3 singles. Haven’t tried it but my guess is you can get stronger with one 32 than two 24s. Two 16s seem pointless when you do 32S&S.

Last edited:
Classic set of 16-24-32 is hard to beat. And as @Anna C said, another 24 later.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom