all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed two programs together?

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

kb02

Level 3 Valued Member
Hey guys , new here . closest sfg to me is 50 miles so bought the book s&s ,very interested in Pavel's methodology ! My question is going to start the swings and get ups ,got my kettle bell yesterday 16kg can I also do the pttp program ? Lets say bench and deadlift at the same time and would this be optimal just to get a well rounded strength training ? Not trying to

pull 1,000 lbs deadlifts or anything .just want to get stronger and more in shape . also is this something that I can do all the time or just in cycles ? Sorry if this has been brought up before , l couldn't find any similar topics thanks guys ,Kevin

Welcome to StrongFirst!

Best to do one program at a time.

Moving your thread to the Training -> Other

-S-

Sorry about punctuation . I was typing on a 3" phone , so when Pavel said in s&s that the swings and get ups could be used in conjunction with any program he wasn't talking about pttp ? Thanks for the timely response Steve.

PTTP is designed to be a complete program. when you reach Simple on S & S, scale it back and start PTTP.

It is possible to do them both I'd be worried about too much lower back work. For an experienced lifter with a good sense of not overtraining, maybe.

-S-

No problem, happy to be of some help.

There are programs that have both deadlifts and swings, but most of them I've seen use a DL variant, e.g., a thicker bar, or a Health lift, which starts higher - that sort of thing, which automatically limits the weight.

Best of luck and I look forward to hearing a report about what you decide to do and how it works out for you.

-S-

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom