UK 48kg KBs?

Discussion in 'Product Recommendations - Kettlebell' started by Suggy3001, May 21, 2018.

1. Suggy3001

Suggy3001 Double-Digit Post Count

Hi folks

Any recommendations?

I have found the Wolverson black series mentioned in other posts for about £95 which seems a pretty good deal.

Strength shop is about £136.

We R Sports is about £120.

Preference would be for a smaller handle diameter but it's obviously going to be pretty chunky.

Anyone own any of the above?

Cheers (y)

2. Chrisdavisjr

Chrisdavisjr Quadruple-Digit Post Count

I've got a Wolverson 40kg. The build quality is excellent, the finish is decent and the handle is just about perfect - thick but not monstrous.

They're definitely the best value (shipping is free if you buy from their eBay store). The only ones I've seen that are cheaper look utterly horrible. If you go for it, let us know what you think.

3. Glen

Glen Quadruple-Digit Post Count

Got a wolverson 56kg and strength shop 48kg.

Strength shop handle has much smaller window but prefer the powder coating as doubtful I will high rep snatch the Beast.

Wolverson is Decent but is a basic bog standard Chinese bell (the 56kg doesn't have the Wolverson emblem on it, unsure if the 48kg does). Coating is slicker than the strength shop bell but still nice to grip.

Pretty sure the 48kg strength shop bell is cheaper than you've stated (£107.99 when bought from site which includes free shipping)

4. Glen

Strength shop 48kg at the front, Wolverson 56kg behind IMG_20180521_213916.jpg

Michael Scott likes this.
  5. Suggy3001

Suggy3001 Double-Digit Post Count

Thanks for your help Glen, I went for the Wolverson, yes it does have the badge on the front still. Handle is quite small which is good for pressing but a tight fit for 2H swings. I've also put it next to my 40kg for comparison. IMG_2753.JPG IMG_2755.JPG

Attached Files:

Chrisdavisjr and Glen like this.
  6. Chrisdavisjr

Chrisdavisjr Quadruple-Digit Post Count

While they're not the best bells out there, they really do seem to be the best value for money. I'll probably want to complete my set with a 48kg at some point in the future.

7. LeeSurf

LeeSurf Still New to StrongFirst Forum

Went to get a Wolverson 48kg today but they said they have stopped selling the heavier bells as they weren’t selling enough!
    Any recommendations for other brands in the U.K. ?
    Wish I’d bought a Wolverson 48kg last year when I got my others ...

8. Glen

Currently got a 56kg from primal strength in Scotland - Much better than the wolverson IMO.

However think off the shelf they only go up to 40kg and I got the heavier bell as a bit of a favour. Been told that the primal are identical to Rogue bells so if you don't like strength shop then Rogue Europe

Other Brands in Britain with 48kg kettlebells that I know of

WeR sports (around £150)
    Original Russian kettlebell available from gym revolution (about £150)

Last edited: May 4, 2019
    LeeSurf likes this.
  9. Claire

Claire Second Post Senior Certified Instructor

Wolverson are supplying our SFG2 & they have all the heavy bells available.

Steve Freides likes this.
  10. Glen

Unfortunately they do not, go onto both their website or their Ebay shop and many of their black series are currently out of stock, the website let's you choose the bell but you can't add to basket and it gives number or email address to call to be notified when back in stock - maybe after your SFG 2 they will have lots of used ones for sale :D Screenshot_20190506-154138.jpg Screenshot_20190506-154108.jpg

Last edited: May 6, 2019
  11. Opiaswing

Opiaswing Double-Digit Post Count

Strengthshop all the way

I have a 48kg, 64kg and two 40kgs from StrengthShop. They look so sleek and sexy, are solid as a rock and get free delivery over £100.

LeeSurf likes this.
  12. Glen

My 40 and 48 are strength shop, found the window a bit small for my liking but apart from that are great

Dogchapman7 and LeeSurf like this.
  13. LeeSurf

LeeSurf Still New to StrongFirst Forum

No I’ve spoke to Wolverson a couple of times in the last few weeks and they have none over 40kg

14. Glen

Anyone tried the new Wolverson Black bells - look nice, just wondering if new design has any performance improvements in terms of the coating?

Want to buy a 28kg and toss up between a wolverson bell or a mirafit one. This will be for snatches and not keen on the old wolverson coating for snatches

15. Dogchapman7

Dogchapman7 Double-Digit Post Count

Did you ever get a mirafit bell thinking of trying one or an extreme fitness from ebay

16. Glen

I did not in the end. Had some issues with my hips which meant I didn't need one

17. Bauer

Bauer More than 500 posts

In another thread someone recommended the Taurus Studio bells for European residents.