all posts post new thread

Recommendations/Reviews/FS/WTB UK 48kg KBs?

Products recommendations and reviews, items For Sale or Wanted To Buy
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Suggy3001

Level 1 Valued Member
Hi folks

Any recommendations?

I have found the Wolverson black series mentioned in other posts for about £95 which seems a pretty good deal.

Strength shop is about £136.

We R Sports is about £120.

Preference would be for a smaller handle diameter but it's obviously going to be pretty chunky.

Anyone own any of the above?

Cheers (y)

I've got a Wolverson 40kg. The build quality is excellent, the finish is decent and the handle is just about perfect - thick but not monstrous.

They're definitely the best value (shipping is free if you buy from their eBay store). The only ones I've seen that are cheaper look utterly horrible. If you go for it, let us know what you think.

Got a wolverson 56kg and strength shop 48kg.

Strength shop handle has much smaller window but prefer the powder coating as doubtful I will high rep snatch the Beast.

Wolverson is Decent but is a basic bog standard Chinese bell (the 56kg doesn't have the Wolverson emblem on it, unsure if the 48kg does). Coating is slicker than the strength shop bell but still nice to grip.

Pretty sure the 48kg strength shop bell is cheaper than you've stated (£107.99 when bought from site which includes free shipping)

Thanks for your help Glen, I went for the Wolverson, yes it does have the badge on the front still. Handle is quite small which is good for pressing but a tight fit for 2H swings. I've also put it next to my 40kg for comparison. IMG_2753.JPG IMG_2755.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2753.JPG
    IMG_2753.JPG
    95.1 KB · Views: 5
While they're not the best bells out there, they really do seem to be the best value for money. I'll probably want to complete my set with a 48kg at some point in the future.

Went to get a Wolverson 48kg today but they said they have stopped selling the heavier bells as they weren’t selling enough!
Any recommendations for other brands in the U.K. ?
Wish I’d bought a Wolverson 48kg last year when I got my others ...

Currently got a 56kg from primal strength in Scotland - Much better than the wolverson IMO.

However think off the shelf they only go up to 40kg and I got the heavier bell as a bit of a favour. Been told that the primal are identical to Rogue bells so if you don't like strength shop then Rogue Europe

Other Brands in Britain with 48kg kettlebells that I know of

WeR sports (around £150)
Original Russian kettlebell available from gym revolution (about £150)

Last edited:
Wolverson are supplying our SFG2 & they have all the heavy bells available.

Unfortunately they do not, go onto both their website or their Ebay shop and many of their black series are currently out of stock, the website let's you choose the bell but you can't add to basket and it gives number or email address to call to be notified when back in stock - maybe after your SFG 2 they will have lots of used ones for sale :DScreenshot_20190506-154138.jpg Screenshot_20190506-154108.jpg

Last edited:
Strengthshop all the way

I have a 48kg, 64kg and two 40kgs from StrengthShop. They look so sleek and sexy, are solid as a rock and get free delivery over £100.

No I’ve spoke to Wolverson a couple of times in the last few weeks and they have none over 40kg

Anyone tried the new Wolverson Black bells - look nice, just wondering if new design has any performance improvements in terms of the coating?

Want to buy a 28kg and toss up between a wolverson bell or a mirafit one. This will be for snatches and not keen on the old wolverson coating for snatches

Anyone tried the new Wolverson Black bells - look nice, just wondering if new design has any performance improvements in terms of the coating?

Want to buy a 28kg and toss up between a wolverson bell or a mirafit one. This will be for snatches and not keen on the old wolverson coating for snatches
Did you ever get a mirafit bell thinking of trying one or an extreme fitness from ebay

In another thread someone recommended the Taurus Studio bells for European residents.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom