all posts post new thread

Nutrition Undereating vs Fasting

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Protein suppresses appetite a bit more than fat. However, fat comes in a close second.
I've seen remarks about protein utility toward satiety , and Fat utility toward satiety. this is an interesting observation. From my own testing - on myself - skinless boneless chicken breast fails to suppress satiety within the meal. There is a postprandial effect on hunger, but it is latent; as does butter, cream, and coconut oil. The interesting bit is that satiety came down like a hammer on bacon only , and revulsion kicked in . this is a uniquely rare experience, so far only found in steak , eggs, bacon, and pork products; where exclusive consumption of these products had satiety set in within the one meal.

However, research indicates around 1.8 gram per kilo is effective on the Keto Diet.
what is clear is that there are minimums to protein intake. it's clear that for many people there are reasonably sufficient levels of protein intake that could be recommended with an acceptable degree of accuracy. what seems to be least clear about protein intake, is whether there is an upper ceiling , or limit to its utility as a dietary quantity

"Eat more protein".
This is almost always , the first recommendation to start with. adapatation in the muscles require proteins. there are some amino acids which seem to go to sugar very quickly. but the mapping of protiens tend to break down to fuel/repair, the rate at which they proceed to fuel/synthesis, is not very well documented.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom