all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Uneven Snatch Q&D

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
my mind stumbles constantly over the asymetry ahead of me :)
This did my head in too - I think you just have to let go and trust in 1) Pavel 2) asymmetry 3) the big anti-fragile picture 4) Pavel 5) your body-mind over your brain...

Last edited:
Same here. However, after giving it a thought, all bodies are pretty much asymmetrical, both internally and externally. If it doesn't feed an already existing dysfunction that's giving you pain I wouldn't worry.

Guys, I would struggle with the same feelings, same thoughts about this. My tactic would be to use 40NL, 80NL and 120NL as the daily variants. My results from following the program appear on pages 85-86 from an earlier version of the SF 044 program a year or so before the book was published.

I am right now in the process of preparing for my SFG1 in Nov. I use a semi home brewed program based on Q&D. Tomorrow i will do 3sets or 60reps of Snatches. 40 on my left and 20
on my right, and altough Pavel says not to worry about it, my mind stumbles constantly over the asymetry ahead of me :)
I kept symmetry by doing more sets one day with the left and the next with the right.

I thought about this very thing myself but then I kind of came to the realization that the Q&D's primary goal is power production.

As such, I've noticed that my non dominant side (left) is "slower" than my dominant side....meaning I can get my 10 reps with my right side in like 19 seconds but my left side's "sprint" is like 21 or 22 seconds. To me that shows that my dominant side is naturally more powerful and building more power on my less dominant side is a benefit of the asymmetrical training. Additionally I believe it says in the book that you lose benefits in power training the snatch after 100 reps???

I'm no expert and trainer, just my observations.

It's about time!!

@Roland Roppelt , when I worked with you at the Stuttgart workshop last year I thought to myself "why isn't he already an SFG?" You quickly absorbed everything that Pavel Macek and the other SFGs covered and every one of your movements was smooth and polished. It was obvious to me that you were ready then. Following you on Instagram has shown me that you continue to move forward and upward.

Don't worry about the asymmetry. Just trust the program and carry on! Just enjoy the moment and stay mindful; your SFG will be smooth sailing as you are more than strong enough, more than ready, and have the proper "serious student" mindset with which you will excel!

It's about time!!

@Roland Roppelt , when I worked with you at the Stuttgart workshop last year I thought to myself "why isn't he already an SFG?" You quickly absorbed everything that Pavel Macek and the other SFGs covered and every one of your movements was smooth and polished. It was obvious to me that you were ready then. Following you on Instagram has shown me that you continue to move forward and upward.

Don't worry about the asymmetry. Just trust the program and carry on! Just enjoy the moment and stay mindful; your SFG will be smooth sailing as you are more than strong enough, more than ready, and have the proper "serious student" mindset with which you will excel!

That was 2018, my friend. Time flies.
Two injurys and a daughter happend since then. Thanks for your praise, i do my best to get it done in November.

On five series days I felt power production slipping a bit on my none dominant hand. So, on the three series days, I did the extra snatches, hoping to work toward correcting the asymmetry. On 5 series days, for the fifth series I did two hand swings, driving the bell hard but actively stopping it dead in front of my chest (Al Ciampa describes these in one of his articles), and using a hefty over-speed eccentric. I find these at least as full-body taxing as snatches. Just another "same but different" option.

BTW: Is there a name for that style of swing?

That was 2018, my friend. Time flies.
Two injurys and a daughter happend since then. Thanks for your praise, i do my best to get it done in November.

Congratulations on your daughter!! I am absolutely DELIGHTED for you!!

Yes, November 2018. Time flies, indeed. You will blink and your beautiful little girl will suddenly be starting school...

I am VERY confident in you for this November.

Last edited:
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom