all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed [UPDATE!] StrongFirst Training App

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)

StrongFirst

If you are committed to building the strongest version of yourself, let StrongFirst show you the way.

Our gold standard exercise technique—kettlebell, bodyweight, and barbell—and state-of-the-art programming are at your fingertips with the StrongFirst Training App.

>>> Free trial: Shop StrongFirst Training App, Training App | StrongFirst

1. New Features
-View next practice—Quickly pick up your next session in the Dashboard.
-Enhanced document viewer—Review the Enter the StrongFirst App document in the App.

2. New Free Programs
-Swing + Press Sandwich—Part II—Continue your progress toward a new Military Press PR with this continuation of the Swing + Press Sandwich program.

3. New Premium Programs
- No Distractions: The Occam’s Razor Training Plan—The simplest answer is usually the correct answer, and in training a push, a pull, and a squat is an effective, simple, direct path to greater strength and performance.
-“The Powertrain”—Roll the die and break out of your routine with randomized volume to supercharge your progress.

4. We Never Rest
Look for the next update in 6-8 weeks. Future updates to the App:
-Activity Logger—so you can track all your training within the App.
-Enhanced Results Entry—for easier tracking of complexes and circuits.
-Timer—so you can track your rest periods and work periods within the App.

What are the current programs being offered on the app?
I would like to subscribe but want to wait until I see a program on the app that catches my interest.

We will have another update/release ready next week and as Bill noted you can download the app and review the practices and programs during the 7-day trial. And even if you do not subscribe you can keep the free content version of the app.

I saw the free trial option thanks.
I prefer to know what is on the app before I download an app even if it is a free trial.

Just like a table of contents in a book. So I know if that book is of interest to me or not.

For example. I have very little interest in kettlebell programs and bodyweight programs personally. So if most of the programs on the app are slanted towards that I would prefer not to bother with the app.

Thanks for the responses though.

A new Program and a new Practice have been released on the app—if you are a subscriber did you get the notification on the App?

does the app have access to the articles and SF forum?
We have been looking into giving an "app" that you can use to access the forum. As I understand things at the moment, this ability exists in principle but is only available on certain platforms and with certain browsers. We'll keep this on our to-do list and update everyone when we know more. We have tested this but determined it's not ready for prime time just yet, and what might need to change to make this work better is largely up to the operating system and browser creators, not us.

-S-

To be honest, I have tried the app twice in different points of launch. Once when it has first come out and second maybe about a year ago. I love the ”IDEA” of this app but it has a lot of kinks that needs to be worked on. I don’t remember why i canceled the subscription but I can go back on, try it again and keep a log on this time of things that need to be possibly worked on. My biggest problem with the app (from what I can remember) was the calendar. But again I can give it a try and tell you exactly what was up with it.

StrongFirst Training App update

The calendar function has been improved so you can now schedule an entire program through the calendar (say an 8-week program) and make adjustments as needed.

You will also receive session reminders on the dashboard.

Die roll programs—There are die roll programs like Powertrain on the app where you randomize the daily practice via an automated die roll.
And we are working on automated die roll programming.

Timer—the timer has been updated and improved so you can set work:rest times, number of sequences, etc.
(I used it on vacation and really liked it)

More programs and functions being added all the time....

For those of you using the Die Roll feature—feedback?
How are you liking it?

@ethanmile, welcome to the StrongFirst forum.

Someone will correct me if necessary, but I believe you can try the app for free and you'll have access to some things, and there are also paid options.

Ah, see this page, please:

which says it's free for 7 days then $20/month after that.

-S-

Last edited:
There is a free version of the app you can continue to use after the trial period or you can continue with the premuim subscription.

powertrain.jpg

StrongFirst Training App Powertrain Program Feedback

How a roll of the die increased my Military Press by 100%?

"I recently did 12 weeks of the Powertrain program from the app, with MP and GSQ/SW, that is, and it helped me to more than double my previous 1RM (0L/1R to 2L/2R).

At first, I started the program just as a filler after doing Strong! and The Giant for about nine months, but I really fell in love with it.

I really enjoyed the program and would love to stay at it for a long time, with increasing weight, of course."

– StrongFirst Forum

>>> START YOUR FREE TRIAL! >>> Shop StrongFirst Training App, Training App | StrongFirst

NEW FEATURES AND PROGRAMS

· Die Roll—programming variability feature
· Personal Best tracking in your profile
· Integrated Timer (countdown and stopwatch) with rep/set counter
· Interval Timer (set work to rest times and number of intervals)
· Unit preference updated (choose pounds or kilos)
· Improved results entry for easier tracking of sessions
· Powertrain KB GSQ and TA swing practice
· "The Powertrain"—Advanced
· "The Powertrain"—Double Kettlebell
· Reload 1—Apply Fabio and Pavel’s Reload program
· Advanced scheduling feature—schedule an entire program at once
· Rescheduling - students can now reschedule a practice instead of having to delete it and create a new one
· Receive session reminders via push notifications
· Linking documents

Where do we download the training app? I don't see it on the Apple Store for Iphone.

Back
Top Bottom