all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed [UPDATE!] StrongFirst Training App

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Where do we download the training app? I don't see it on the Apple Store for Iphone.
You register via a webportal and then download the app from either app store—let me know if you have any questions.

Hi @Brett Jones ,

can you say something about when new programs and practices will be added, and maybe which ones they will be?

Thanks and best regards!

If you are committed to building the strongest version of yourself, let StrongFirst show you the way.

Our gold standard exercise technique—kettlebell, bodyweight, and barbell—and state-of-the-art programming are at your fingertips with the StrongFirst Training App.

>>> Free trial: Shop StrongFirst Training App, Training App | StrongFirst

1. New Features
-View next practice—Quickly pick up your next session in the Dashboard.
-Enhanced document viewer—Review the Enter the StrongFirst App document in the App.

2. New Free Programs
-Swing + Press Sandwich—Part II—Continue your progress toward a new Military Press PR with this continuation of the Swing + Press Sandwich program.

3. New Premium Programs
- No Distractions: The Occam’s Razor Training Plan—The simplest answer is usually the correct answer, and in training a push, a pull, and a squat is an effective, simple, direct path to greater strength and performance.
-“The Powertrain”—Roll the die and break out of your routine with randomized volume to supercharge your progress.

4. We Never Rest
Look for the next update in 6-8 weeks. Future updates to the App:
-Activity Logger—so you can track all your training within the App.
-Enhanced Results Entry—for easier tracking of complexes and circuits.
-Timer—so you can track your rest periods and work periods within the App.

Right now I don’t have the funds to pay the monthly fee. Is there a version to just do the free version to get used to the program and exercises? Many Apps have a Free version and Pay option/upgrade so thought I would ask. Thank you

Right now I don’t have the funds to pay the monthly fee. Is there a version to just do the free version to get used to the program and exercises? Many Apps have a Free version and Pay option/upgrade so thought I would ask. Thank you
Yes—after the 7-day trial you can decline the subscription and keep and use the free version of the app.

Yes—after the 7-day trial you can decline the subscription and keep and use the free version of the app.

@Copdad, welcome to the StrongFirst forum. We're here to help if you have questions once you start using the app, and you're also invited to post your impressions of using it, questions, etc., here on the forum as well.

-S-

Announcing the updated and improved StrongFirst App

If you are committed to building the strongest version of yourself, let StrongFirst show you the way. Our gold standard exercise technique—kettlebell, barbell, and bodyweight—and state-of-the-art programming are at your fingertips with the StrongFirst App.

The StrongFirst App has been updated and improved:

1. Register HERE
  2. Download the StrongFirst App from the App Store or Google Play
  3. Log in with your login information
StrongFirst App Features:
  • POD—Practice of the Day—don’t workout—practice
  • Die Roll—programming variability feature
  • Personal Best tracking in your profile
  • Integrated Timer (countdown and stopwatch) with rep/set counter
  • Interval Timer (set work to rest times and number of intervals)
  • Unit preference updated (choose pounds or kilos)
  • Enhanced results entry for easy tracking of sessions
  • Advanced scheduling feature—schedule an entire program at once
  • Rescheduling—a practice can be rescheduled instead of deleting and recreating a new one
  • Receive session reminders via push notifications
  • Enter StrongFirst and other documents/programs at your fingertips
  • App support if you have questions
The POD—Practice of the Day

Whether you are between programs or just looking to “test drive” a new kettlebell practice, the POD gives you a practice to dive into.

What if you don’t like the practice or just want to try something else—roll again and a new practice will be selected for you.

Let the POD take the guesswork out of the day.

Die Roll

Purposeful variety within a program or practice can accelerate progress. Random acts of variety typically lead to stagnation and no progress. The die roll feature ensures purposeful variations to keep your practice moving forward.

Many of the new practices and programs take advantage of this die roll feature:

Free practices
  • “The Powertrain”—Kettlebell goblet squat & two-arm swing
  • “ABC”—All Bases Covered (previously a premium program)
  • “High mileage pressing program” (includes a PDF in the documents section)
Free programs
  • “Beast & Kettlebells” (includes a PDF in the documents section)
  • “Swing + Press Sandwich,” part II
Premium practices
  • “The Powertrain”—Advanced
  • “The Powertrain”—Double kettlebell
  • “ROP-H strength plan”
Premium programs
  • “Reload 1.0”
  • “Enter the Kettlebell!+”
  • “Dry fighting weight”—Fat loss through strength
For a limited time, we have unlocked two of the most popular premium practices and programs:
  • “The Powertrain”
  • “SFG I Prep program”
And we have many programs in the works for 2024.

We encourage you to make the move to the new StrongFirst App and continue your strength journey with StrongFirst.

FREE version
PREMIUM version—$19.99/month or $157/year

The yearly subscription option is back.

Register HERE.

Last edited:
Really needs a link to create an account on the home page of the app, if you make it hard to work out how to sign up you lose people instantly

If you are committed to building the strongest version of yourself, let StrongFirst show you the way. Our gold standard exercise technique—kettlebell, barbell, and bodyweight—and state-of-the-art programming are at your fingertips with the StrongFirst App.

1. Register HERE
  • Rescheduling—a practice can be rescheduled instead of deleting and recreating a new one

Whether you are between programs or just looking to “test drive” a new kettlebell practice, the POD gives you a practice to dive into.

What if you don’t like the practice or just want to try something else—roll again and a new practice will be selected for you.

Die Roll

Purposeful variety within a program or practice can accelerate progress. Random acts of variety typically lead to stagnation and no progress. The die roll feature ensures purposeful variations to keep your practice moving forward.

Free practices
Free programs
Premium practices
  • “ROP-H strength plan”
Premium programs
  • “Reload 1.0”
For a limited time, we have unlocked two of the most popular premium practices and programs:
  • “The Powertrain”
  • “SFG I Prep program”

We encourage you to make the move to the new StrongFirst App and continue your strength journey with StrongFirst.

FREE version
PREMIUM version—$19.99

1. Register HERE

Die Roll

Free practices
Free programs
Premium practices
  • “ROP-H strength plan”
Premium programs
  • “Reload 1.0”
  • “The Powertrain”
  • “SFG I Prep program”

FREE version
PREMIUM version—$19.99/month or $157/year

The yearly subscription option is back.

Register HERE.

Why does it want credit card info for free trial?

In my experience, this is 99.99999% of how free trials are operated.
Standard practice, I agree. You give your CC info, and when the trial period is up, if you want to continue with the paid option you don't do anything, but you must cancel if you don't want to continue.

-S-

Is there a plan to get the training center synched with the app so that we could have access to the online courses on the app, maybe even have some programs related to each course in there?
We are uploading any of the plans that are part of the online courses and workshops.

I will investigate the other suggestion.

Thank you

+1 on Paypal - a security issue for me, if fewer companies that have my credit card details then the probability of a leak is lower, credit card is usually locked when not in use but still safer to have it recorded on fewer websites.

Back
Top Bottom