all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Updated version of ETK?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Cr3do

Level 1 Valued Member
Just wondering if there is going to be an updated version of Enter The Kettlebell any time soon?

Just like S&S seems to be an updated version of PM, will the same be happening with Enter The Kettlebell?

Cheers.

ETK still works great. It is the closest thing to a program that guarantees success as I have ever heard of in the strength training world. If I complete the ROP with a 1/3 bw kettlebell, I know I'll be able to press 1/2 bw for a single at the end.

The only thing I might wish for would be variation in the weights, but that's easy to introduce yourself and it's been discussed here before - basically, you throw in the next size kettlebell for some of the rungs of 1 and 2 later in the program.

-S-

I guess you could buy the book a second time...

There's nothing wrong with the current version of the RoP, like there's nothing wrong with the Program Minimum in ETK. Or the snatches and bent presses version from the RKC. Swings, get ups, snatches, bent presses, cleans and presses still do what they're supposed to do when you do them right.

The only thing I might wish for would be variation in the weights, but that's easy to introduce yourself and it's been discussed here before - basically, you throw in the next size kettlebell for some of the rungs of 1 and 2 later in the program.

Steve, can you please find a link to that thread? Thank you. If not, don't spend much time on it, I understand the principle.

It may be the sticky ROP thread that I moved here from the old forum. I have one foot out the door - will try to look when I come back.

-S-

I guess you could buy the book a second time...

There's nothing wrong with the current version of the RoP, like there's nothing wrong with the Program Minimum in ETK. Or the snatches and bent presses version from the RKC. Swings, get ups, snatches, bent presses, cleans and presses still do what they're supposed to do when you do them right.

I'm sure there is nothing wrong with the current version.
I was just inquiring as Pavel could of tweeked things over the years, like it seems he has done with S&S.

@Pavel Macek it really nothing worth writing a lot about. I found that, towards the end of an ROP cycle with 24 kg, I was OK using a 28 for some of the rungs of 1 or even 2. I didn't push it, didn't organize it, just looked at the weights and if it felt OK to do, I did it. And at the end, I got my 32 kg press. Otherwise, it was the plan exactly by the book.

I typically start the ROP being able to press 28 kg for 2 or 3 reps, and am always stronger as the end of the 24 kg ROP nears, so I was probably doing single and doubles with a weight I could have, at that time, pressed for 5 reps.

-S-

Cr3do, just follow the original ROP plan.

Thanks the reply Pavel.
To be honest I have just started your S&S program to compliment my Grappling. As it is the perfect for for me at the moment as I can do it at home.

So ROP plan is going to be a fair while off. It was just out of curiosity I ask the question

The main thing with the ROP is that it takes time. Patience will reward you will a great press. Not just in how much you can press but in technique too. Don't rush it.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom