all posts post new thread

Off-Topic Updating profiles with countries ?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Dave Johnson

Level 4 Valued Member
What an incredible community we have here. The mixture of countries, cultures, content, the details, the respect of each other, and more is incredible. Never experienced such a thing on another online community.

I'm very interested in comments, attitudes, perceptions, and so on related to diversity in countries and cultures. I read a post and often wonder where in the world the person that wrote this is from. I click on the posters profile and far to often there is nothing.

I wish members would as a minimum update their profiles with countries.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL !!!!!

Please note that some may consider this to be a "pet peeve" of mine and may not be interested at all. I understand that. This is also from someone that manages a community/forum. Anyone that manages a forum desires user profiles be filled out more than they ever are.

I think the flag idea is kind of neat actually. Be nice to have the ability for two flags maybe? There may be folks that have a home country but reside in another.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but in our profile, we have a single field for Location - we'd need a separate field just for Country to make the flag idea fly. (Word pun there, make the flag fly ... )

-S-

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom