all posts post new thread

Barbell Used the barbell to develop the strength to use double kettlbells

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Erik Duarte

Level 1 Valued Member
I used a russian bear template but never exceeding 10 sets for 5 reps. using a steep incline and deadlift for about 1 month. I than switched over to using the clean and press, hang cleans and zercher squats for the next 3 in a half weeks. I cut back the volume I was using before. never exceeding 6 sets on the clean and press.

My goal was to develop the strength to use the two 70 lbs kettlebells for clean and jerks. I was capable of doing it before but felt more comfortable and at ease with a better strength base.

1 month of 7-10 sets of 5 reps- incline bench press
6-8 sets 5 reps of deadlifts

3 in a half weeks of 6 sets of 4 on clean and press
3 sets of 3 on the hang clean
3 sets of 5 on the zercher squat.

My goal is to get up to 20 reps of clean and jerk with the two 70 lbs kettlebells. I have taken on the density program by Ethan Reeve. Today was my first day. It was easier than I expected but I refuse to let my ego get involved and have to lesser the volume. I ptp the zercher squat. Would the zercher squat best be suited to do before or after the clean and jerks? Thank you for your input.

Erik, Zerchers and kettlebell C&Js are very demanding exercises; I would do them in separate sessions.

The incline bench is not likely to help you much.

Erik,

do you have a rep/set goal in mind for double 32 c and j?

how many times can you c and j double 28s?
push press double 32s?

My goal is to get up to 20 reps of clean and jerk with the two 70 lbs kettlebells.

Is that 20 reps overall, or 20 reps nonstop?

Anyway front squats + strict press will build the strength needed to do multiple reps on C&J.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom