all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Using a heart-rate monitor ... for the data-averse

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
I definitely understand Al's advice to be patient. But it's a catch-22. People are "lazy" if they don't push the envelope. Those that do push the envelope are often pushing too hard and/or too frequently. Trying to balance between pushing too hard and holding back is nearly impossible for anyone with a specific physical goal.

Ever notice that most of the guys who recommend patience are the guys who have already achieved quite a bit (or all) of the goals they've set for themselves. I'm guilty of that myself when it comes to grip strength and steel bending training. I did not exercise patience and hit most of my goals. But injuries stacked up (from steel bending) because I pushed too hard, too much, too frequently. Easy for me to in hindsight recommend the type of training (patience, prehab, etc.) that would have kept me injury-free. But it would have taken a lot longer to reach my goals. IF I ever reached them with the reduced intensity/frequency training.

Ben, this would make an excellent article!

Ben, this would make an excellent article!
Thanks, Pavel! I will write something up and submit it then. I am switching over to midnight shift in a few weeks. That will give me much more freetime to write. I am also going to resubmit a more detailed grip article series dealing with the slow twitch gripper training and the latest 6 weeks of training I've been doing.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom