all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed USMC Combat Fitness Test Prep

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Hey everyone,

Again, thanks for the help. Here’s what I ended up doing:

- Original Strength resets as warm-ups throughout.
- 5 weeks of SS swings and RoP pressing. Here and there I did some ammo can pressing practice just to work on getting the hips and shoulders synchronized. I had a few unit rucks/runs interspersed as well.
- Unfortunately, I got slammed with the flu and couldnt do much training beyond Original Strength resets and some lighter swings for about 2 weeks.
- Afterward , I continued with the swings 3 days a week, did some lsd running practice 1 - 2 days a week, and ammo can practice 3 days a week. For the ammo cans I did sets of 30-50 reps with approximate 1:3 work rest ratio for a total of 120-160 total reps.
- I also started working some Buteyko breathing exercises and brought my CP from 16 to 32 seconds.

I ran the test earlier this week. I did the 120 presses with 15 seconds to spare! The other events went well also. Though to improve those I know I need to run more.

Thanks again to everyone. If you’d like more details let me know.

Blessings,
Jarrid

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom