all posts post new thread

Kettlebell [VIDEO] My Clean & Press Technique

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Maybe I can help with that Eric, I make maces from different size basketballs using bamboo and concrete.. I want to make a 40lb mace for a friend and will use a full size ball. The mace will come up short on weight so I'm gonna get some 1/2" rebar and cut it into maybe 2-1/2" pieces. It's cheap and you can get rebar weight per linear foot online.

I've made four maces so far using different size balls. The calculated weight came up short for a few different reasons, but with rebar I can really dial it in.. and so can you :cool:?

I've seen pictures of what look to be concrete and bamboo gadas in India.

I can't figure out how the bamboo doesn't break.

I've seen pictures of what look to be concrete and bamboo gadas in India.

I can't figure out how the bamboo doesn't break.
The bamboo I use is 1-3/4" .. it's very strong and light weight, I especially love that aspect of it, when using bamboo for handles. Luckily I have a garden/landcape store nearby and they carry a huge assortment of sizes, they even have black bamboo, not practical as it costs 5x as much as white bamboo. Using it for a handle keeps nearly all the weight at the end of the handle, which is ideal.

@Bret S. that is awesome!
i was thinking of doing exactly that, there's and old pier near where I live with lots of really thick rebar and it's completely condemned, they tore it down and left the metal rods everywhere, cement washing away into the sea, it's a real mess, but convenient for me.
those rods are about 1 inch thick, I was thinking of cutting them around 5 inches long and tying them together in a drum-like fashion, that should really weigh down those bells.
then for the handles just use electrical blue tubing like I'm already doing, filling it with cement to make it firmer.

@Bret S. that is awesome!
i was thinking of doing exactly that, there's and old pier near where I live with lots of really thick rebar and it's completely condemned, they tore it down and left the metal rods everywhere, cement washing away into the sea, it's a real mess, but convenient for me.
those rods are about 1 inch thick, I was thinking of cutting them around 5 inches long and tying them together in a drum-like fashion, that should really weigh down those bells.
then for the handles just use electrical blue tubing like I'm already doing, filling it with cement to make it firmer.
Good idea!
I'm a construction guy.. so my advice is keep the pieces separate from each other and disperse them evenly in the mold container, bundling them together will create a large weak pocket in the concrete, whereas separately and set in at random angles, they'll strengthen it.

Post pics please!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom