all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Volume/weight increase after timeless simple

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
I would say, listen to your body's recover cycle. Can you recover in time to swing again the next day. If you are 19 the likely you can go every day. I'm 58 and it takes me two days to recover from swinging 40. So in the post 32 world I had to cut down to every other day. Looking at the speed in which you reached simple, you may be able to keep every day.

How old are you?
I’m 43. I’m on my last week of 5 days per week with the 32kg. Next week I’ll start adding in the 40kg and will definitely be cutting back the days to 4 at first. Maybe 3 if I feel a bit ragged!

I would say, listen to your body's recover cycle. Can you recover in time to swing again the next day. If you are 19 the likely you can go every day. I'm 58 and it takes me two days to recover from swinging 40. So in the post 32 world I had to cut down to every other day. Looking at the speed in which you reached simple, you may be able to keep every day.

How old are you?
I am turning 40 (just ordered the 40 for my 40th birthday). I don't even like doing timeless simple on consecutive days.

I'm 42yo and I train S&S every second day, which works out to 3½ times per week. For me the perfect balance of workload and recovery.

I'll be at timeless solid in a couple of months using the four week step loading as prescribed. What's interesting is that in each step the fourth week is when it really clicks. I feel like I'm owning each set and I'm ready to add another set the next week. Maybe physiological. Knowing that I'm increasing the next week adds just a bit of focus and confidence. The 32 just feels like a toy right now.

My suggestion is to cut to 4 days: Mon, Tue; Thu, Fri worked perfectly for me.
Hey Pavel, would you suggest cutting to 4 days but Friday is a test with the 24kg bell? Or is it better to do all 4 days with 40kg and then test the 32kg once timeless “solid” is comfortable? Thanks!

Hey Pavel, would you suggest cutting to 4 days but Friday is a test with the 24kg bell? Or is it better to do all 4 days with 40kg and then test the 32kg once timeless “solid” is comfortable? Thanks!

Second option. Make your Friday sessions a bit more challenging, cutting the rest periods a bit. You can also use 32 on Friday. I am currently swinging 48 and 56, doing get-ups with 48, with as much rest as needed, and on Friday I do a faster session with 40.

I reached timeless simple a few months ago. Sort of muddled my way there to be honest. I was on 28's for swings and TGU's but struggling with incorporating 32's. I took a step back to 24's + 32's and got timeless simple.
I'm now at 32,36,36,32,32 for swings and TGU's progressing an extra set of 36 every 4 weeks. But only doing S&S twice a week and Moving Target Complex twice a week. So far it's going well.
I'm 57 so I tend to take more recovery.
And my impatience often brings me down to earth when I try too much.

Edit: Like @ShawnM I also alternate regular 10x10 S&S swing sessions with a more A+A type sessions. In my case I go 14 to 20 sets of 7 reps at 36.

Last edited:
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom