all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Warm up

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Adrian

Level 1 Valued Member
Hello guys. I've been doing S&S for over a month now and love it. It's a great routine for me and I love it. I'm just not big on the warm up. Some days I do the warm up and some days I don't. My would be: is the warm up an essential part of S&S that had to be included or am I fine without it. Sorry if this has been asked still new to discussion. Thanks for your time.

I usually don't do the warmup, instead I just do a couple sets of two handed swings.
But I think there's great value in the goblet squats, so I do those at a different time.

Al

I usually don't do the warmup. I instead just do a couple sets of two handed swings.
But, I do think the goblet squats have great value, and I do them at a separate time.

Al

The halos have been incredible for a lingering shoulder/upper back thing I had. The goblet squats are great for maintaining a squat pattern and are healthy for the knees. Since I sit a lot, I also do the glute bridges. I personally get a lot of value out of them. One thing to note is that you get what you put in to them. If you do them only because you have to, instead of focusing on them as a practice in themselves, you probably won't get much out of them. Pavel isn't a big fan on long warmups anyways, so if your body is fine with it, you can probably skip them. Maybe do them every once in a while on days where you have more time for your session.

Hello guys. I've been doing S&S for over a month now and love it. It's a great routine for me and I love it. I'm just not big on the warm up. Some days I do the warm up and some days I don't. My would be: is the warm up an essential part of S&S that had to be included or am I fine without it. Sorry if this has been asked still new to discussion. Thanks for your time.

How old are you?

The halos have been incredible for a lingering shoulder/upper back thing I had. The goblet squats are great for maintaining a squat pattern and are healthy for the knees. Since I sit a lot, I also do the glute bridges. I personally get a lot of value out of them. One thing to note is that you get what you put in to them. If you do them only because you have to, instead of focusing on them as a practice in themselves, you probably won't get much out of them. Pavel isn't a big fan on long warmups anyways, so if your body is fine with it, you can probably skip them. Maybe do them every once in a while on days where you have more time for your session.
Yes and that's what I have read i was just wondering if the warm up is a must as part of the program. I'm where your at as far as doing them every once I a while.

Depending on your current health and genetic disposition, you can/will get away with skipping warm ups.

But within the next 15 years, and maybe as soon as a few years, your body will tell you that a warmup is required.

Hopefully that message won't be in the form of an injury.

When I started S&S 6 weeks ago I didn't take the warmup seriously and I didn't do the other 2 recommended post-practice stretches.

Doing the complete warmup now takes me 6 minutes, and my practice is better for it.

Two weeks ago I started doing the post-practice recommended stretches and both my tissue issues were resolved in one day.

I purchased and downloaded S&S in less than 5 minutes, forgetting temporarily that decades of developed information and 1000's of hours of experience went into the creation of this specific program.

I'm 53yo and a newbie, but I'm injury/pain free and living/loving the S&S program.

I recommend everyone do the program as prescribed. If they don't like the results after 90 days, they should do something else.

If they add to or take away from the program, it's no longer Simple.

Just my $.02

On the very rare day I feel "off" I just do the warmup and my daily mobility stuff and call it done. I am 65 almost 66 though and time does make itself known

Reactions: Lew
I'm pushing 50, and I do the warmups every single time. I tried leaving off the hip bridges for a while, as some on this forum suggested, but it didn't feel write right to me.

I also train in the morning, and so I figure the extra time spent in warmup is well worth it. It personally works best to get the training done early, and at least I have accomplished one worthwhile thing that day.

I'm less strict about the post practice stretching: I need to work on that.

Thanks guys for everybody's input. After reading the posts I think I will do the warm up on a consistent basis. I think it's just better practice to do so also. thanks.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom