all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Warmup for split S&S sessions

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Bauer

Level 8 Valued Member
If you were to split S&S sessions, how would you do the warmup? Say, with GUs in the morning and swings in the afternoon or vice versa.

I guess halos before Get Ups (+maybe an arm bar and rolling) and GSq and SF bridges (+ some rocking) before Swings?

Or would you recommend another approach?

The Plan in Detail

After whatever warm-up or lack of thereof that you are accustomed to, perform the following number of sets of presses and pull-ups:
from an article by the chief Six Weeks to Strong: The SF 930 Plan | StrongFirst

personally I am accustomed to no warm up most of the time.

I guess halos before Get Ups (+maybe an arm bar and rolling) and GSq and SF bridges (+ some rocking) before Swings?
when that is all you need then that is all you need.

+1 to @Harald Motz post.

I personally need more preparation for TGU than swings, and that includes goblet squats. When I do split sessions I might do 1 set of warm up circuit before swings, and 2 sets of warm up circuits before tgu. Another idea is to do the warm up before whatever you do in the morning, you will remain mobile throughout the day anyway.

+1 to @Harald Motz post.

I personally need more preparation for TGU than swings, and that includes goblet squats. When I do split sessions I might do 1 set of warm up circuit before swings, and 2 sets of warm up circuits before tgu. Another idea is to do the warm up before whatever you do in the morning, you will remain mobile throughout the day anyway.

Thanks @Harald Motz and @Oscar!

It's true, when I do some stuff in the morning I tend to be primed for movement the rest of the day. Some OS resets are then usually enough to prepare me. Thank you for the idea.

DJ often uses the S+S movements as warm up movements in his programs, so maybe they don't necessarily need a warmup...

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom