all posts post new thread

Nutrition Warrior Diet Questions

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
ESE, isn't it just a Warrior Diet fast for 1 day? ESE everyday Warrior? I realize it may differ in regards to food combining and under eating, but from a time frame?
I believe ESE is 500 calories two days a week (not consecutive), normal eating the other days. It gets you calorie deficit for the week easier than a daily deficit of a hundred or two calories.

WD is a daily pattern of undereating (and specific kinds of food at that) and overeating (in a specific order).

ESE, isn't it just a Warrior Diet fast for 1 day? ESE everyday Warrior? I realize it may differ in regards to food combining and under eating, but from a time frame?

I believe ESE is 500 calories two days a week (not consecutive), normal eating the other days. It gets you calorie deficit for the week easier than a daily deficit of a hundred or two calories.

I haven't have ESE and WD books in my hands for some time, but as far as I remember the Warrior Diet is 20-ish hours of under eating and a 1-4 hours of eating and Eat Stop Eat is 24h fast, for example if on Sunday you finish your dinner at 7pm you start eating on Monday on 7pm. I believe that this 500 kcal two times a week concept is from 5:2 diet.

I'm following Dr. Herring's Fast-5 plan.

I also recommend it, its basically 19/5 IF protocol with water fast - I like to think about as "Warrior Diet without under-eating".

I also recommend it, its basically 19/5 IF protocol with water fast - I like to think about as "Warrior Diet without under-eating".
Thanks for the recommendation. I'm going to continue to follow it then. Yesterday it was more like 18/6, but today it's going to be 20/4. It depends. Shiftwork makes it a little more difficult. But I can live with that. I'm going to keep 19/5 as an average.

Hello,

@masa
I do not think 1 or 2 hours of difference from a day to another play a significant role ;) Hopefully ! Indeed, I also vary about 1h or 1h30 and results are the same.

Kind regards,

Pet'

@pet' that's my conclusion too. I just keep my eating window somewhere around 4-6 hours and that's it. In a long haul it doesn't matter. I might even stretch to 8 hours, if needed (weekends etc.), but not often. I'm gonna keep some leeway in it.

Hello,

@masa
When I know that I will have to eat at midday (family, colleagues, etc...) I can anticipate a little.

For instance, if I have to eat on tuesday lunch
> diner of monday : normal
> breakfast of tuesday : skip
> lunch of tuesday : eat (but I am careful with what I eat)
> diner of tuesday : very light or skip
> breakfast of wednesday : normal

Kind regards,

Pet'

Yes, I think anywhere form 4-8 eating window, maybe closer to 4 most times, flexible on weekend maybe slide to. I think my biggest challenge will be whether to fast completely or undereat. Seems this is very individual, some do well under eating, some when they eat anything, it triggers hunger. Again I think both work, and long term the minutia probably doesn't matter.

Hello,

On the long run, I refined a little my eating habits, even if I keep paleo eating and IF. For instance, if I know I will have to do some "heavy DIY" or hiking, etc... I will eat more fat to be sure to have energy.

To a certain extent, I adapt quantity and mix in function of my need.

Kind regards,

Pet'

Hello,

@masa
Nonetheless, I never count my calories. Because I mostly eat the same eatings, I know more or less the quantities I need in function of what I do.

Even if I "optimized" a little, I do not want to overthink the topic. I do not want to do mathematics and count everything.

I did it for a while, when I was super skinny (by nature) and when I wanted to gain weight (muscle mass). Then, in function of my needs (sport + way of life), I counted X gr for carbs, Y for fat and Z for proteins. In 10 months or so, I gained 4kg of lean muscle mass, using IF and paleo lifestyle.

Once you get your crusing speed, you are good to go.

Kind regards,

Pet'

I haven't have ESE and WD books in my hands for some time, but as far as I remember the Warrior Diet is 20-ish hours of under eating and a 1-4 hours of eating and Eat Stop Eat is 24h fast, for example if on Sunday you finish your dinner at 7pm you start eating on Monday on 7pm. I believe that this 500 kcal two times a week concept is from 5:2 diet.
You're right, my bad. I was mixing up the 5:2 diet with ESE.

Hello,

Another thing coming to my mind. I apply it for my morning meal :
I notice I digest better when I eat my carbs (fruits) 10 minutes before the rest of the meal (fish, meat, etc...).

I usually it them first. Then I prepare some stuff (Madame's tea and breakfast, my stuff, etc..). Then, I eat my fish / meat / veggies. Pretty sure this is due to the fact that fruits are digested very fast comparing to the rest (exception: veggies are also digested fast). Depending on the fruits, it takes about 15 minutes to be digested.

So, if you eat carbs last, sugar will ferment a bit, because the rest of the meal will be digested first. Carbs will have to "wait" to be digested.

Kind regards,

Pet'

Hi @pet'. I usually start my feast with a salad. And if I've practiced at the end of the fast, I try to eat some fruit and protein before main meal. And if I'm still hungry, I'll finish with some nuts and cheese.

Hello,

And if I've practiced at the end of the fast, I try to eat some fruit and protein before main meal
I think this is a pretty good thing to do to make recovery easier and faster. I train in the morning, so I eat right after.

Kind regards,

Pet'

I find it interesting that there are those advocating a "water fast". Me, I drink around a gallon of water daily. That doesn't include the water in my coffee. I have a 32 oz water bottle that gets filled first thing in the morning when I get to work, maybe again at lunch, and one more time in the afternoon, again when I get home, and at least one more time after my kettlebell session.

I guess I am wondering what the benefit is of a "water fast"?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom