all posts post new thread

Nutrition Warrior Diet

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
While on my downtime at work last night, I was looking up different types of Warrior Diet. I came across Jurgen Reis who gave a testimonial on Ori and the Warrior Diet. Jurgen has a version I think is called the fighter diet. I can't find too much about it and most of his stuff is in German, but it seems he follows some protein (ie yogurt or protein shakes) during the day with some fruit or veggies and a big meal at night when he's done. The light meals during the day keep him light but recovered. He used to carb cycle too. 6 fat days and 1 carb day, but I think he switched to 5 fat and 2 carb.

I did the same protocol the last week, just out of curiosity. It seems fine, and I'm totally ok with a general idea of having something low calorie, light, long-digesting and filling the stomach - i.e. protein and fibres. Starving myself or not eating just because of that the "diet says so" is not for me, common sense is much more important.

While on my downtime at work last night, I was looking up different types of Warrior Diet. I came across Jurgen Reis who gave a testimonial on Ori and the Warrior Diet. Jurgen has a version I think is called the fighter diet. I can't find too much about it and most of his stuff is in German, but it seems he follows some protein (ie yogurt or protein shakes) during the day with some fruit or veggies and a big meal at night when he's done. The light meals during the day keep him light but recovered. He used to carb cycle too. 6 fat days and 1 carb day, but I think he switched to 5 fat and 2 carb.
I've circled back to this approach instead of fasting during the day. It feels allot more balanced and healthy than just straight up fasting until dinner.

@HUNTER1313, I usually have a protein bar in the AM and another midday and then real food for dinner. Sometimes I even have one for dessert - Raw Rev has a chocolate brownie flavor that's pretty yummy!

-S-

I'm going with yogurt spaced about four hours apart. I might mix in a little protein powder just to up the protein count abit. I always have a couple protein bars in my bag just in case. They are better than the overpriced fast food junk available and more convenient.

I don't know if it's the extra protein and food I've been consuming lately, but it seems and looks like my upper body is starting to balloon up. Is it possible to be under protein fed and then go through a rebound effect?

I don't know if it's the extra protein and food I've been consuming lately, but it seems and looks like my upper body is starting to balloon up. Is it possible to be under protein fed and then go through a rebound effect?
If I could guess, it's probably your body retaining some water weight from the change in diet.

I think with the small spaced out protein snacks it allows people who train a couple times a day the benefit of not having to digest an actual meal ala 16/8. For example with the warmer weather coming you never know when the kids want to bike, play a sport, fight, or workout with Dad for the umpteenth time again that day. If I do get a reprieve and find myself lounging too much I'll head over to the old tire and hammer pit and get a smashing workout in. I would have to say 16/8 is quite suitable for the winter when people aren't quite as active and more likely to want to add some muscle and use the protein snack Warrior Diet for the other seasons when you are more active.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom