all posts post new thread

Nutrition WD day three

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
@ali yeah pretty much as far as I can tell. Mind you I've only read it through once, so there MAY be a little more to it than that, but still, I think that's the gist of it. If I go for light protein/dairy during the day, it's a serving of whey or cottage cheese (30g of protein or less). That's just my preference.

I've tried IF many times and always came back to WD. I supposed that I adapted easily to full fasting, but I tend to always get some headache during fasting. WD on the other hand don't have that sensation, at least that strong. I eat some protein during under eating. Let's say that you eat 200 g of chicken or have 40 g of protein powder. Both gives you 40 g of protein. Of course I will have some salad, fruit or even almonds. Sometimes I consume two eggs with veggies. I don't know is this right protocol, maybe it's time to read that book again.

The main idea of the WD is underrating, not fasting, in order to allow the body and mind to cleanse. Light stuff in small quantities is what you want, and to stay away from anything that feels like a meal - should feel like a little snack instead. If it makes you tired afterwards, it's too much or not the right stuff or both.

-S-

Started WD today. Last couple of weeks I followed Lean Gains method, but seems to be that I always have headache with it.

@MattM glad you brought this up. I have days when I'm like that as well from time to time. Interestingly enough I read on a forum somewhere that someone said fasting is generally better for this reason, and that if they wanted to make a fasted person even hungrier, they'd give them a single piece of fruit. The floodgates then open. I can't remember what site this was on mind, and I should also note that I THINK that they were referring in that example to more extreme fasts, e.g. Ramadan. But still, I have my days when the floodgates are weaker.

I don't know what caused my headaches with IF. Maybe my eating window was too short or my storing ability of glucose wasn't expanded enough. I also have an insulin resistance.

I don't know what caused my headaches with IF. Maybe my eating window was too short or my storing ability of glucose wasn't expanded enough. I also have an insulin resistance.

When I first tried IF about 5 years ago, I got bad headaches AFTER I ate for the first time. I was never able to figure out why. That does not happen anymore.

When I first tried IF about 5 years ago, I got bad headaches AFTER I ate for the first time. I was never able to figure out why. That does not happen anymore.
Okay. I had headaches during fasting and sometimes it didn't go straight away, when I broke the fast. It kind of faded towards evening.

Try a pinch of sea salt under your tongue for a headache during the under eating period.

-S-

Try a pinch of sea salt under your tongue for a headache during the under eating period.

-S-
Thanks. I'll try it when headache comes back. Yesterday I started WD and didn't had any aches. I even went to donate blood and it went great. Oh and the sleep last night was fantastic.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom