all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Week 1 of DFW in the Books

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

ParamedicProf

Level 2 Valued Member
Hello, everyone.
I’m new to the forum. I began DFW on Monday with double 16s. I could press them 12 rep with good form but I thought I would begin conservatively.
I love the timed workouts and the autoregulation. I felt challenged but not completely beat down by the workout.
I’m looking forward to the next 3 weeks.
Once I complete the program, I’ll begin the Giant 1.0.

You may be surprised you'll be more than ready for the giant. Squats tend to take a lot more out of you than just clean and press
Mark, Thanks for this insight. I crashed and burned after two weeks of DFW and suspected that I wasn’t ready yet for all of the squating. (I’m 71, and recovery is always a challenge).

I bought “Giant” yesterday and am starting Monday. Love the system and the C&P,

Jim

Hello, everyone.
I’m new to the forum. I began DFW on Monday with double 16s. I could press them 12 rep with good form but I thought I would begin conservatively.
I love the timed workouts and the autoregulation. I felt challenged but not completely beat down by the workout.
I’m looking forward to the next 3 weeks.
Once I complete the program, I’ll begin the Giant 1.0.
Hello,
I’ll start DFW this Monday too with 2x20kg. It’s my 5-6RM at Press.
like you, after that, will begin The Giant. Perhaps 1.0 with double 20, or 3.0 if i can’t do 8-10 c&p

So i just finished week 1 as well. Using 50 pounders (not kg?). Warmup with 10 min alt emom goblets and pushups. Managed 7 ladders day 1. Did emom on the singles (c&p+sqt). Did alt emom on the doubles. Good feeling in the rhomboids after that.. Will be interesting to see how i mange the density going forward. I like the program.

Good work!

I just started Dry Fighting Weight, after completing Simple and more than six months of Q&D.

Since 16kg kettlebells are the only ones I have in a pair and because they are a bit light for me, I came up with the following:

Week 1:

Day 1: Ladders. 3, 5, 7
Day 2: Sets of 3
Day 3: Sets of 5

Week 2:

Day 1: Ladders. 3, 5, 7
Day 2: Sets of 3
Day 3: Sets of 7

Week 3:

Day 1: Ladders. 3, 5, 7, 9
Day 2: Sets of 5
Day 3: Sets of 7

Week 4:

Day 1: Ladders. 3, 5, 7, 9, (11)
Day 2: Sets of 5
Day 3: Alternate between sets of 7 and 9 if possible.

Week 5:

Day 1: Perform 7×7.
Day 2: Perform a new RM with the same kettlebell(s) you used for the previous 4 weeks. Or you may go up to a heavier kettlebell(s) and perform a new RM

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom