all posts post new thread

Kettlebell weight question

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

arielbe

Level 3 Valued Member
happy to tell you that I have just finished my first day at S&S.
it was great!
bought the updated book and followed the protocol (10x10, 5x1) and I have a few questions:
I did my swings with 16kg (35lb.?) and it went very good. I didn't need more than a few sec. to rest between hands and sets.
should I move to heavier KB or stay with this one for the first 4 weeks?
as for the TGU, 16kg was too heavy and I did it with 8kg. it was very good and also didn't need much rest.
should I'll try with the 16kg again? try middle weight?

thanks a lot! you are a great community
Ariel

happy to tell you that I have just finished my first day at S&S.
it was great!
bought the updated book and followed the protocol (10x10, 5x1) and I have a few questions:
I did my swings with 16kg (35lb.?) and it went very good. I didn't need more than a few sec. to rest between hands and sets.
should I move to heavier KB or stay with this one for the first 4 weeks?
as for the TGU, 16kg was too heavy and I did it with 8kg. it was very good and also didn't need much rest.
should I'll try with the 16kg again? try middle weight?

thanks a lot! you are a great community
Ariel
Hi Ariel, welcome!

No harm in trying the exercises with the next bell, if the one you are using feels too light. Just be careful with the test and do only a few reps to see how it feels. No need to do 10x10 swings or the 10 TGU with the heavier weight though.

About rest between sets: give yourself some time between sets, at least 45 secs, even if you feel you dont need it. This will give more power for the swings and more focus with the TGU.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom