all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Weight Vest - Recommendations?

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Steve Freides

Staff
Senior Certified Instructor Emeritus
Elite Certified Instructor
I've been rucking with up to 100 lbs but having it hang off my back doesn't seem great - I'm thinking of a weighted vest as an alternative, but it'll need to be something I can load heavy - I'm up to about 100 lbs. now in a backpack.

Thanks in advance for war stories and recommendations.

-S-

@Steve Freides

Tried a couple in my military days, most cheap ones have an issue with not securing properly so they swish around a lot.

I really like my BOX Weighted Vest

I’m not sure about rucking with a vest though. Mine can go up to 100lbs I believe (bought the option with essentially a second vest designed to go on the outside). The vest option lacks the ability to sit the weight on your hips like a good backpack will do. Never extensively tested for that purpose though.....

@Neuro-Bob, I am looking for something that actually keeps the weight high and doesn't use a hip belt but also doesn't cut off the circulation to my arms. Something from weightvest seems like what I'll end up with. Expensive and I have no idea if it works, but it'll be the next try.

-S-

@Steve Freides , hi I too have a mir weighted short vest.

This is the version that I have.
MIR-50LBS-SHORT-STYLE-ADJUSTABLE-WEIGHTED-VEST-0-0.jpg

The thing that I like about this vest is that I can attach another strap around the upper torso for an extra stability which helps a lot.

@Baker, that's exactly what I got. One walk so far, 70 lbs, was good and looking forward to using it again.

Today, while I was using a backpack, I use the shoulder pads that I bought for the CROSS101 - and they helped with the backpack, too. 50 lb x 2 miles and later, 25 lb x 3 miles.

-S-

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom