all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Weighted Bar Hang

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
@305pelusa
I have Metolius Rock Rings. On mine, on the bottom most of the three pockets I can squeeze in my 4 fingers to just past the first finger joints. I have smaller hands. But I can definitely do one pull-up from that position. (Just one) There may be different models and vintages where the pockets are sized differently. The ones at one of the gyms I train at are the same as mine. I think it's hard, but it can't be too hard if a geezer like me can do it.

Haha that's funny.Well that pocket is definitely meant for 2 fingers in the Metolius. See the pic:

rock rings climbing - Google Search:

My question stands. I imagine very few have fingers small enough that they're actually fitting more than 2 fingers in the 2 finger pocket. So based on people you've seen in your rock climbing gym, can most do it? I just want to get a feel for how hard it is for boulderers. If you don't know, that's fine. I know you've climbed for many years so I figured if someone knew, it'd be you.

Alternatively, try one but only use two fingers (pointer and middle finger is what I used) and lmk what that's like, compared to other feats.

The dead hang is used as a good introduction to calisthenics/bar training and for developing foundation body strength. It's also recommended as part of the progression ... the required strength for a ten second dead hang hold. Choke a band to the bar and step or kneel into it to support some weight to make the hold easier.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom