all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Weighted Chins Ups RoP

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Marcus Aurelius

Level 5 Valued Member
Hello All,

So, I find myself being good at chinups. In ETK, Pavel says to weigh yourself down to 5rm. So I purchased myself a dip belt, so I could hang a kettlebell.

This is my first time taking weighted chinups seriously. Any pointers to form difference and to how to implement into the RoP effectively so I don't gas myself out?

Many Thanks.

I can't vouch for ROP, but I was doing weighted FPP for a good length of time and it worked very well.
I was also following a low rep 'maximum strength' pull up programme that was also very effective.
Form should be no different. Keep the hollow body position.

I'd be interested in that too.
It doesn't take that long to hit 100-150 reps per week during RoP.
150 cleans plus 150 weighted pullups seems like a good way to overtax your elbows.

Yeah. Maybe I'll treat them like military presses and only use them on light days, at least until I get a feel for them and how much they tax my cns.

I do RoP at the moment and alternate C&P with weighted pullups, that means I am doing equally as many pullups as presses. But I always do the pullups on rings or with a neutral grip. That seems to be good for the elbows.

I do RoP at the moment and alternate C&P with weighted pullups, that means I am doing equally as many pullups as presses. But I always do the pullups on rings or with a neutral grip. That seems to be good for the elbows.

That's a good idea, to vary the grips. I heard that rings do wonders for the elbow.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom