all posts post new thread

Bodyweight Weighted pistol squats

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

wanderingjames

Level 4 Valued Member
Hi, this question is intended for Pavel but please feel free to share your insights and/or suggestions as well comrades. Thanks!

I'm able to do 5 pistols on each leg with ease already and I feel it's time for me to move on to weighted pistols. However, I have no access to any conventional equipment. All I have is a sturdy backpack with encyclopedias in it. The problem I'm encountering with doing pistols with a heavy backpack is that I always fall backwards even when I actively lean forward which I think is not good for the spine in the long run. Should I just place the backpack on alternating sides of my shoulder instead or hold it out in front of me blocking my view?

Hold things in front of you and don't wear a heavy backpack. Start with something small and light - even a rock will do just fine.

-S-

Hello and welcome!
The Pistol Squats are awesome exercise and before adding weight You can make them more difficult. Firstly, try to do them with your hands on chest. If it will be easy for you then try hands-over-head version. You know, like in the Over Head Squat but without any weight :)
I'm working on my PSQ currently and trying to hold as long as I can at the bottom position.

Hello,

I began weighted PS with light barbell. Now, I use a bulgarian bag in front of me. You can also use a kettlebell. Be careful with your back.

Kind regards,

Pet'

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom