all posts post new thread

Bodyweight Weighted pull up program

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
The above thread provides a Pavel option of using ladders to increase strength. The illustrative example in the Milo article (available online) was a special operator who used it to increase his weighted pull-ups. I used it for weighted chin ups and provided some commentary/tools on how I implemented it in the thread.

Thought I'd bump this to say the program worked for me. It took my a 1rm weight pullup from 32kg to 36kg in just over a month. I'm going to deload and run it again and see what happens.

Thought I'd bump this to say the program worked for me. It took my a 1rm weight pullup from 32kg to 36kg in just over a month. I'm going to deload and run it again and see what happens.

Just a quick PSA. The program in Milo that is referenced in this thread is same one the author used to get 5 reps of the Iron Maiden
How I Achieved Five Reps of the Iron Maiden | StrongFirst

Still probably worth investing the 5 bucks in the Milo back issue, as it explains the program.

Great work!

There's a bit of a bit of a "trick" to weighted pullups, you need to overcome the inertia at the start as quick as possible and accelerate the lift in the bottom third of the lift. You don't want to slowly grind it to get it moving. For me it's an explosive lift with two main phases, the start and the finish.

Imagine you're trying to rip the bar off the wall.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom